• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Train Etiquette

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Train Etiquette

Gets me every day – the people who sit in the aisle seat and block window seat with laptop, rug sack, bags, while others have to stand.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertRice View Post
      Gets me every day – the people who sit in the aisle seat and block window seat with laptop, rug sack, bags, while others have to stand.

Excuse me, sir, please would you mind moving your bag, I would like to sit there.

It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Train Etiquette
        I find it terribly rude that trains just continue along their way without stopping to let pedestrians cross. They don't even great me with a simple 'good morning' as they pass. Disgusting, and a sign of falling moral standards!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Funny you should mention this, yesterday I finally succumb to Train Rage and push two stupid people to the ground for standing in the end of the carriage thus stopping anyone else getting on the train rather than moving along down in to the asile where there was lots of space. After a few cross words I just pushed through them, and being on the larger side they toppled over quite easily
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Train Rage
            That sounds quite scary. I mean, I can defend myself and all that, but an angry train? Bloody hell.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Excuse me, sir, please would you mind moving your bag, I would like to sit there.

Yes, no problem at all with that.

This morning an old dear was standing and I had to ask the young gentleman to clear a path for the lady have a seat. Very poor show.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                angry train? Bloody hell.
                And an angry tram this week too.

Comment

Gricer put your sockie away, it's showing!
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

What gets me is the standard class oiks who stand in the doorways of first class carriages stopping the internal doors from shutting. It's not that there are no seats, some of the "regulars" get there early to get their preferred standing space despite the train being nearly empty. Those ancient old intercity trains are fairly breezy when the internal doors are open.

Also, if you're on the aisle seat when you're coming into the last station, try not to wait until the train is nearly empty before getting up to let the window seat guy out.

Comment

Working...
                    X