• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why o why

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why o why

Why does this sort of thing keep happening.
    A reasonable post by a recruitment firm for a 3rd line server support engineer. I send in my CV 'coz I think that as I have been doing this type of work for the past decade, I'm pretty well suited to it.
    After waiting for a reply from the Rec firm, I contact them, only to be told that "after carefully considering your CV, your skills aren't suitable for this role". Doh! Wintel, Networking. If I didn't know any different, the job advert could have actually been written directly from my CV!
    These recruitment people just haven't got a clue. They really need to understand some of the technologies being asked for and how somebody's CV addresses them.

Either
    a) They were just trawling for CVs and the job doesn't exist.
    b) They received 50 CVs and could only be fagged to read the first twenty. Yours was in the thirty they didn't read.
    c) Your CV is tulipe
    etc etc etc etc etc etc
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

Originally posted by Fleetwood
      Either
      c) Your CV is tulipe
      Yes this has gone through my mind in the past. However, I have never been out of work using updated versions of my CV, so I presume it must be relatively good.

The whole thing is so frustrating. Whilst trying to build relationships with people, all the Recs seem to do is treat you with total disrespect and often, contempt.

I know you'll say this is business, but when I go direct, which is more often than not, I don't seem to get any of this bullsh*t.

Comment

I know you'll say this is business, but when I go direct, which is more often than not, I don't seem to get any of this bullsh*t.
        Here endeth the lesson.

Comment

But worth repeating.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Give em a ring, and just ask why. Usually they'll tell you. I'm surprised you got an answer normally if they don't submit they say nothing.

Usually if they're trawling they'll try and match you up with whatever they've got, annoying but saves money on adverts, as they write something that catches everything they've got on the books. You can spot trawl adverts as they have simple requirements. When it is specific to a job there are usually more spelling mistakes due to the agent taking notes fom a tel. conversation and very specific skill requirements which agents wouldn't think up.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
              You can spot trawl adverts as they have simple requirements. When it is specific to a job there are usually more spelling mistakes due to the agent taking notes fom a tel. conversation and very specific skill requirements which agents wouldn't think up.
              Now that, is a bloody good observation. Will have to remember that.

Comment

Working...
              X