• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Acorn Recruitment - Ltd Co Reg Form

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acorn Recruitment - Ltd Co Reg Form

Just had this from Acorn "As part of new regulation here at Acorn we require ourcontractors t complete a Limited Company/Umbrella registration form."

Form in question asks for personal details about me then these questions:

"I elect to be engaged by Acorn as a Ltd Co Contractor woring via 1) PSC , 2) Umbrella"
    "Name of PSC / Umb"
    Do you consider yourself to be self-emplyed Y/N?
    Are you eligible to work in UK Y/N?

what do people think they are trying to get at?
    and is there any danger in providing the info?

Thanks

Bluebird
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
    Just had this from Acorn "As part of new regulation here at Acorn we require ourcontractors t complete a Limited Company/Umbrella registration form."

"I elect to be engaged by Acorn as a Ltd Co Contractor woring via 1) PSC , 2) Umbrella"
    "Name of PSC / Umb"

Thanks

Bluebird
    Are you currently in contract with them ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Ask them for a legal definition of a PSC. There isn't one.

If they insist on using this term its bad for IR35. You are operating a limited company, just like any other limited company.
      World's Best Martini

Comment

your not self employed, your an employee of your own LTD company and your still not if your through an umbrella, your employed by the umbrella.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post

"Name of PSC / Umb"

Thanks

Bluebird
          Spelling mistake almost got to the correct definition of the relationship!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
            your not self employed, your an employee of your own LTD company and your still not if your through an umbrella, your employed by the umbrella.
            You're not self employed, you're an employee of your own LTD company and you're still not if you're through an umbrella, you're employed by the umbrella.

Look, it almost makes sense now......
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              You're not self employed, you're an employee of your own LTD company and you're still not if you're through an umbrella, you're employed by the umbrella.

Look, it almost makes sense now......
              Actually you're not necessarily an employee of YourCo either, you're a Director and hence an officer. You're only an employee if you have an contract of employment, which puts you in line for NMW, WTD and various other rules, which is why it's not really such a good idea.

But we really shouldn't expect a business concerned with employment law, contract law and recruitment of third party suppliers to understand that...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

That's becoming more common now from agencies. One rather large agency got into quite a big hissy-fit with my company as I wasn't comfortable with signing a form that said I was operating through my own PSC. My company isn't a PSC, it's a fully formed and functional consultancy company that I also use for when I do contracting. This was the same agency that wouldn't accept my LLP as a "limited company" and insisted that I must be caught by the MSC legislation. They then said that they were considering applying payroll taxes, if they accepted me at all, as they couldn't guarantee themselves that I was operating through my own PSC.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Actually you're not necessarily an employee of YourCo either, you're a Director and hence an officer. You're only an employee if you have an contract of employment, which puts you in line for NMW, WTD and various other rules, which is why it's not really such a good idea.

But we really shouldn't expect a business concerned with employment law, contract law and recruitment of third party suppliers to understand that...
                  Spot on. I got a form this week from the agency I'm working through. I returned it with a message saying that I'd filled it in as best I could but it was badly worded, I wasn't an employee, I had no employment contract, I got paid at irregular intervals depending on company finances etc etc etc.... In all, it was supposed to be about AWR and IR35 compliance but it was a total irrelevance as far as I could see.
                  Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                  Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by craig1 View Post
                    That's becoming more common now from agencies. One rather large agency got into quite a big hissy-fit with my company as I wasn't comfortable with signing a form that said I was operating through my own PSC. My company isn't a PSC, it's a fully formed and functional consultancy company that I also use for when I do contracting. This was the same agency that wouldn't accept my LLP as a "limited company" and insisted that I must be caught by the MSC legislation. They then said that they were considering applying payroll taxes, if they accepted me at all, as they couldn't guarantee themselves that I was operating through my own PSC.
                    To which my response would have been "please tell me what a PSC is, I've never heard of it?" Clueless outfits like that should just fester and fold IMO.
                    Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
                    Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Working...
                    X