• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wind 1 Turbine 0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wind 1 Turbine 0

Wind turbine bursts into flames as hurricane-force winds hit Scotland | Glasgow and West | STV News

How much Carbon did it kick out?

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How much Carbon did it kick out?
    None, but the wind turbine company charged the grid £10,000,000 to switch them off for 24 hours.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

This isnt funny, our 40w lights are glowing like blackpool illuminations and my mains operated 'anal bum tickler' went into overdrive and started smoking

I am starting to believe in global warming. well my @rse is red hot at least

(\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Survived Hurricane Bawbag with minor roof damage and amazingly no power cuts as we're usually the first to go around here. The weather station survived too with sandbag anchoring although not seeing the full force of the wind helped that.

All gone quiet here now, just before the now arrives
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
          Survived Hurricane Bawbag with minor roof damage and amazingly no power cuts as we're usually the first to go around here. The weather station survived too with sandbag anchoring although not seeing the full force of the wind helped that.

All gone quiet here now, just before the now arrives

Three, yes, three. f**king power cuts today. THREE ! Did I mention it was THREE power cuts ?

Bastards. Three !!!! Three f**king power cuts !!

Couldn't get to work because ferries were off, so was working from home and then couldn't get logged on for most of the working day as the power was off. Three f**king times !! A days' money down the crapper !!
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Three, yes, three. f**king power cuts today. THREE ! Did I mention it was THREE power cuts ?

Couldn't get to work because ferries were off, so was working from home and then couldn't get logged on for most of the working day as the power was off. Three f**king times !! A days' money down the crapper !!
            If a crow lands on the line we get a power cut, 50k without and nothing here is amazing. I feel your pain.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Stop it, it's hurting.

Comment

If it helps, no power cuts here in Munich.

However there was a quartet playing by the Christmas market near Odeon platz, me the bambino stood by to enjoy.
                Last edited by scooterscot; 8 December 2011, 22:26.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  If it helps, no power cuts here in Munch.

However there was a quartet playing by the Christmas market near Odeon platz, me the bambino stood by to enjoy.
                  I'll be a neighbour soon
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                    I'll be a neighbour soon
                    Don't jest this town is not big enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X