• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dodgy Christmas Cards

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dodgy Christmas Cards

I arrived home today to find a grand total of four christmas cards addressed to me directly. Mr MF.

Now obviously most cards I get are to MF + Mrs MF or MF and Family etc.

How interesting I thought?

1st one - Happy Christmas from the agency (not a single cheque/voucher!!!)
    2nd one - Happy Christmas from my accountants
    3rd one - Happy Christmas from my IFA (FFS! My IFA!!!!)
    4th one - Happy Christmas from my personal bank manager at Barclays.

I'm ticked off now. I want to know where my 5th one is. The card from David Cameron thanking me at Christmas for keeping the economy going.

Anyone else with any dodgy cards?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I arrived home today to find a grand total of four christmas cards addressed to me directly. Mr MF.

I'm ticked off now. I want to know where my 5th one is. The card from David Cameron thanking me at Christmas for keeping the economy going.

Wont be sending DC one after his antics have ****ed up the euro exchange rate !!!
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

At least you don’t get Bob’s kids knocking on doors carol singing in their turbans
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

No present? I have had a few good ones in the past. The favourite was a sports holdall - though I lost that in the divorce.

Comment

This year clientco's new (female) MD has sent individually signed Christmas cards to all members of staff.

They are all signed using the MD's first name only with no hint that they come from ClientCo on either the envelope or the card.

I've already heard rumours of 1 divorce due to Wifey paranoia.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
          X