• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation News

Rail fares to rise by an average 5.9 per cent - Telegraph

With prices falling like this I can see why BoE are keen to do some more massive money printing in February.

I think the idea of this defaltionary move is to encourage people out of cars and into trains. Its for the environment innit.

Comment

Sainsbury's flour went up from 52p to a massive 58p this week Still, it's likely still 52p in LIDL/ALDI; no money printing there.

Comment

Relax, the Govt used it's full force vested in it by the people to limit train tickets increases to 1% over 4.9% inflation rather than 3% over it.

Next time you buy a train ticket at extortinate price consider for a moment that you are actually getting a 2% discount.

oh btw, AFAIK these price controls apply only to price controlled tickets (off peak), those who buy peak time tickets better get some gold coins ready...

Comment

My train commute costs me £6 a day............first class

Comment

Originally posted by Dearnla View Post
            My train commute costs me £6 a day............first class
            Do you live on the island of Sodor?
            Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

"While the average train fare will rise by an average of 5.9 per cent, some passengers will face significantly higher increases.

The Association of Train Operating Companies faced accusations of seeking to “bury bad news” after it refused to reveal details of the rises.

Commuter fares will rise by an average of six per cent next year, but train operators have been given the freedom to push some fares higher.

The lack of transparency was attacked by Anthony Smith, chief executive of Passenger Focus, who said commuters whose pay packets were not keeping up with the fare rises would also have to “trawl the detail to find out what is happening on their individual routes.”

Examination of the fares showed rises of up to eight per cent in some areas including parts of South Wales. "

Rail fares to rise by up to 8 per cent - Telegraph

Comment

2009:

British annual season tickets for journeys of no more than 25 miles were 88% more expensive than the next most expensive country - France - and more than four times pricier than the cheapest country - Italy.
                DAY RETURN
                Britain £6.92
                Germany £5.08
                Spain £2.52
                France £1.85
                Passenger Focus, averages for journeys of three to 10 miles
                BBC NEWS | UK | GB rail fares 'more than Europe'
                i wonder what the situation is now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Sainsbury's flour went up from 52p to a massive 58p this week Still, it's likely still 52p in LIDL/ALDI; no money printing there.
                  Is it cos they is Eurozone companies?
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Gawd, pictures of sheeple standing in overcrowded overpriced trains and who likely have spent a good deal of time getting to the train station too, and been charged for parking there also, makes you wonder if they wouldn't be far better off using stealth a van.

Comment

Working...
                    X