• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Working from home - JobbyServe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working from home - JobbyServe

Anyone know how to search for remote/home roles? When I use home keyword it bring back home counties. Current role is a long commute and not exactly mindblowingy exciting work.

what about putting location down as home.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      what about putting location down as home.

HTH
      I did that, bring back home counties.

Comment

This get asked in the forums and they seem pretty few and far between and seem to think most posters that got work like this was from contacts through exiting clients. Not something that is often farmed out to jobserve.

You could try a search to see what others said
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
          I did that, bring back home counties.
          What about putting in telecommute, home based ?

Comment

I've found setting up searches for this is quite tricky since "home" brings up "home counties" and "remote" often has technical meaning.

On JobServe I did have a filter:
            Code:
            (remote or home or telecommute) not ("home counties" or "sap" or "helpdesk" or "help desk")
            You have to make sure you search separately in UK/EU/US though too - and you don't get too many roles coming up. It's not unheard of especially if you are a techy.

Forums for your relevant techy skills, and relevant LinkedIn groups are good to monitor for this kind of thing, since WFH gigs are often more akin to freelance work.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              I've found setting up searches for this is quite tricky since "home" brings up "home counties" and "remote" often has technical meaning.

On JobServe I did have a filter:
              Code:
              (remote or home or telecommute) not ("home counties" or "sap" or "helpdesk" or "help desk")
              You have to make sure you search separately in UK/EU/US though too - and you don't get too many roles coming up. It's not unheard of especially if you are a techy.

Forums for your relevant techy skills, and relevant LinkedIn groups are good to monitor for this kind of thing, since WFH gigs are often more akin to freelance work.
              Thanks d000gh, good info.

Comment

Working...
              X