• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more IE6

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more IE6

Apparently

However I would presume that these figures only show those that can connect to the outside world, what about all those corporate users who can't use the web of which I am sure there are many?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

According to my stats counter, someone surfed through my website tonight using IE5.

Also, Majestic 12 popped by today as well
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Mosaic 1.0!!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Apparently

However I would presume that these figures only show those that can connect to the outside world, what about all those corporate users who can't use the web of which I am sure there are many?
        Oh bummer - All i know is IE6 optimisation for the web

Guess it means I go back to the bench

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Also, Majestic 12 popped by today as well

Comment

I suspect there will be still schools using it, so I will probably carry on checking any updates on my old win 200 machine.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Microsoft have to support those corporate users. In fact, IE6 would have been EOLed a couple of years ago were it not for such corporations, who dictate MS's product strategies far more than the requirements of home users. (Source: conversation with former product manager for IE, who left Microsoft for Google after fifteen years because of this.)

So if MS are openly celebrating, it must mean they've got most of their US corporate clients moved over.

IE6 gets EOLed when XP is later this year anyway. If you know of any big corporations that don't yet have their XP exit strategy in place, I suggest shorting them now, as they'll be left with unsecurable systems in a few months.

Comment

Would you believe the company I currently work for, still use IE6 as the user browser. Its a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Apparently

If they don't go online, it's slightly less of a problem.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm well pleased I used to hate having to test using IE6
                    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Working...
                    X