PDA

View Full Version : Insulted by a "Diva"

pacharan
9th January 2012, 16:35
Just before Christmas, took missuses to see a female soul act who was quite prominent in the 90s at a JAZZ cafe in Bristol.

Anyway, after the gig she was propping up the bar so my wife and I decided to tell her how much we'd enjoyed the concert on the way out, in particular her version of We Shall Not Be Mo bed.

Well, what a sour cow she was."Oh per-leeze, don't you think I don't know how good I am? And do you mind, you're in MY backstage".

Wife was upset by this. Felt like giving the cheek cow a slap.

Have no idea what provoked that reaction. Isn't it a dome thing to talk to a performer after their act? Perhaps its just singers. Backing band seemed ok particularly as I told the drummer he needed a new servo unit on his Land Rover.

Anyone else got any stories of celebrities acting like tossers?

BlasterBates
9th January 2012, 16:42
What a cow, I suppose if your taken by surprise difficult to come up with a retort, like "sorry we just wanted to point out that for a "has been" you're pretty good".

Still next time you meet a Diva have a "barbed" compliment prepared.

russell
9th January 2012, 16:43
Just before Christmas, took missuses to see a female soul act who was quite prominent in the 90s at a JAZZ cafe in Bristol.

Anyway, after the gig she was propping up the bar so my wife and I decided to tell her how much we'd enjoyed the concert on the way out, in particular her version of We Shall Not Be Mo bed.

Well, what a sour cow she was."Oh per-leeze, don't you think I don't know how good I am? And do you mind, you're in MY backstage".

Have no idea what provoked that reaction. Isn't it a dome thing to talk to a performer after their act? Perhaps its just singers. Backing band seemed ok particularly as I told the drummer he needed a new servo unit on his Land Rover.

Ricky Gervais.......while he is awake

Cliphead
9th January 2012, 16:48
I've never been anything but courteous to my 'public'.

Paddy
9th January 2012, 16:54

Should have replied, “ I am such a great fan of yours I have upload all your songs to Thepiratebay

Doggy Styles
9th January 2012, 16:54
Oliver Reed, but as it was Oliver Reed we let him off.

We were staying at a small hotel in the middle of nowhere in deepest Devon and he happened to be a guest as well. He wasn't actually insulting, but while the rest of us guests were enjoying a good whodunnit, he just got pissed and ran around with shaving foam all over his face pretending to be a rabid werewolf.

pacharan
9th January 2012, 16:55
Still next time you meet a Diva have a "barbed" compliment prepared.

I did. "What did you say your name was? Dina who?"

DodgyAgent
9th January 2012, 16:58

Are you one of these bores that corners some poor soul that they cannot get rid of?

DodgyAgent
9th January 2012, 17:00

Anyone else got any stories of tossers pestering celebrities

FTFY :winker:

pacharan
9th January 2012, 17:02
FTFY :winker:

Fark orff cockhead :)

d000hg
9th January 2012, 17:05
I've never been anything but courteous to my 'public'.The novelty hasn't worn off for you yet though ;)

DodgyAgent
9th January 2012, 17:15
Fark orff cockhead :)

Sorry pacharan, I just could' nt resist it :hug:

MarillionFan
9th January 2012, 17:18
Stu Francis was a twunt. Back in my early student days I worked as an usher in a theatre during the summer season. The guy was a real prima donna, swearing and cursing. But then again only 20 or so kids were turning up to his show each day so perhaps he'd realised he was on his way out.

wurzel
9th January 2012, 17:21
Stu Francis was a twunt. Back in my early student days I worked as an usher in a theatre during the summer season. The guy was a real prima donna, swearing and cursing. But then again only 20 or so kids were turning up to his show each day so perhaps he'd realised he was on his way out.

Perhaps he was miffed because The Krankies never invited him to join one of their threesomes when he was presenting Crackerjack with them.

MarillionFan
9th January 2012, 17:23
Perhaps he was miffed because The Krankies never invited him to join one of their threesomes when he was presenting Crackerjack with them.

She could crush my grapes anytime!

Fandabbydosi!

pacharan
9th January 2012, 17:32
crackerjack

crackerjack