• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT Flate Rate Scheme - Mixed Business Revenue /Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VAT Flate Rate Scheme - Mixed Business Revenue /Expenses

Plan B has suddenly kicked into life and is part of the limited company that I also use for contracting.

I recently joined the FRS thinking it would be another year before I got my planB together.

Plan B is a higher expense business and lower revenue than Contracting. So most of my expenses will be planb and most of my revenue will be IT services..

However, using the bassets FRS calculator and 2k expenses a month (or 2800 in vat for year) I still come out slightly ahead with FRS.

However, LtdCo is no longer purely in the industry I originally said it was in for FRS.

What are the rules around this? Can I apportion different percentages? Or should I just get out of FRS?

Thanks

You will need to make a judgement based on the proportion each activity contributes to the overall company income etc.

If the flat rate percentage needs to change you will need to advise the VAT people if what you are doing, it would do no harm to decribe the two different activities and this will then provide you with some defence if they decide to challenge it at some later stage.

Alan

Comment

Thanks.

Might just be easier to get out. The benefit is going to go down to a few hundred quid.

Comment

Working...
      X