• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parasol up for sale according to Rob Crossland

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parasol up for sale according to Rob Crossland

Parasol expected to be put up for sale
    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Do you know why Inflexion are looking to offload Parasol?

Comment

Just say 'No!' to brollies.
      I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Workaday View Post
        Private equity companies are always buying companies, strip them and/or build them up and then sell them on, quite often this is to another private equity company, sometimes they may float on the market.

Perhaps the concern over AWR has scared them off?
        "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

On a brighter note, I got talking to two contractors I work with here and told them all about Parasol's antics and showed them the relevant threads on here and they shall be terminating their services also
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
            Just say 'No!' to brollies.
            They're not all bad my friend
            In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Workaday View Post
              To try to get their money back I guess. With the potential liabilities though (there is a £4m contingent liability in their accounts for VAT), the recent £158m loss by Reed over the expenses thing, and AWR I think they may struggle to get a buyer.

They will still be able to get their money back out though as they have a floating charge over the assets of the Company, and I think their loan is due for repayment fairly soon.
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                They're not all bad my friend
                Why introduce a step in the chain that could potentially disappear in the night with your money, why introduce into the chain an organisation that prevents you having total control of your money, why introduce into the chain an organisation that effectively makes you 'their' employee when the industry generally is one of self employment!?

Beats me why people use them.
                I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Why introduce a step in the chain that could potentially disappear in the night with your money, why introduce into the chain an organisation that prevents you having total control of your money.....<snip>
                  Whilst I am not disagreeing with your statement, I wonder if people think the same about banks who have the potential to go under or take your money and spend it on speculation and hope they don't lose it?
                  If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Why introduce a step in the chain that could potentially disappear in the night with your money, why introduce into the chain an organisation that prevents you having total control of your money, why introduce into the chain an organisation that effectively makes you 'their' employee when the industry generally is one of self employment!?

Beats me why people use them.
                    You could also use the same arguments for contracting through an agency
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                    X