• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dutchpal.....GONE!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dutchpal.....GONE!

Hope no-one on here is owed money!

"As you are aware Dutch Pal has had some financial problems with regard to payments over the last few months and this has resulted in the company filing for Bankruptcy.

As of the 24th of January 2012 Dutch Pal has been declared bankrupt by the courts in Amsterdam. Ms Jorritsma (attorney at Boekel De Nerée N.V.) was appointed as curator. We will provide the curator with the names and details of the persons who are entitled to salary over the past periods. The curator has indicated that she will submit these names and details to the UWV. The UWV is the social security department who will determine whether your outstanding salary will be covered by the UWV by virtue of the Dutch "loongarantieregeling." This week the trustee will send all (former) employees a letter in which more information will be provided. Subsequently, the (former) employees will be contacted by the UWV.

The shareholders and Directors of Dutch Pal have spent the last few weeks trying to find a solution to save the company, but in this ever de-creasing financial climate our position was becoming increasingly more vulnerable and therefore we had no other choice than to file for bankruptcy.

We are all extremely sorry that it has ended this way and we apologize for any inconvenience that this has incurred"

Dutchpal is gone but Rendeck is there!

Hi,
    I also received this letter this morning but I heard yesterday that it was already over...
    In the last days they did not communicate at all about the real situation of the company but prepared and sent me the new contracts with Rendeck payrolling! It is funny because there are the same people as there wre in Dutchpal: Corien, Marinke, and of course the same director...
    I find it weird to be able to stop a business and to start exactly the same one, leaving the social security paying the outstanding salaries; but to be honnest I do not believe it will happen...
    What can we do? Should we wait for letters from UWV or the curator?
    GB

Originally posted by Rickster View Post
    Hope no-one on here is owed money!

"As you are aware Dutch Pal has had some financial problems with regard to payments over the last few months and this has resulted in the company filing for Bankruptcy.

As of the 24th of January 2012 Dutch Pal has been declared bankrupt by the courts in Amsterdam. Ms Jorritsma (attorney at Boekel De Nerée N.V.) was appointed as curator. We will provide the curator with the names and details of the persons who are entitled to salary over the past periods. The curator has indicated that she will submit these names and details to the UWV. The UWV is the social security department who will determine whether your outstanding salary will be covered by the UWV by virtue of the Dutch "loongarantieregeling." This week the trustee will send all (former) employees a letter in which more information will be provided. Subsequently, the (former) employees will be contacted by the UWV.

The shareholders and Directors of Dutch Pal have spent the last few weeks trying to find a solution to save the company, but in this ever de-creasing financial climate our position was becoming increasingly more vulnerable and therefore we had no other choice than to file for bankruptcy.

We are all extremely sorry that it has ended this way and we apologize for any inconvenience that this has incurred"

Comment

Dutchpal......Gone!

I wouldnt personally sign anything with Rendeck. They mis-managed one company and closed it. Whats to stop the same thing happening with Rendeck? Yes, its exactly the same people involved.

Much as it pains me to say (and I dont work for them!) ITECS seem to be OK and they seem to pay on time!

Dutchpal's business plan sucked....Pay the contractors up front without knowing when the client is going to pay you.....do the maths... it wasnt going to take long before the money ran out. Trouble is, its taken lots of contractors money that they probably wont see again and they expect to "carry on" as though nothing has happened?

I think not............

Comment

Rendeck Payrolling has no connection with Dutch Pal

As managing director of Rendeck Payrolling I would like to set the record straight on the relationship between Rendeck Payrolling and Dutch Pal. There was and is no relationship. Rendeck Payrolling is a sister company of Rendeck Automatisering and has nothing whatsoever to do with Dutch Pal. Rendeck Automatisering has used Dutch Pal last year to payroll a number of contractors. When it became clear that Dutch Pal was in financial difficulty we offered these contractors the option of moving to Rendeck Payrolling to ensure that they would get paid on time. Rendeck Payrolling is not owned by the same people that owned Dutch Pal. We have found some of the Dutch Pal staff prepared to work for Rendeck Payrolling, that's all. Rendeck Payrolling uses the same conditions as Dutch Pal did, with one exception: we pay the contractor once the client has paid us. This ensures a healthy cashflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickster View Post
          I wouldnt personally sign anything with Rendeck. They mis-managed one company and closed it. Whats to stop the same thing happening with Rendeck? Yes, its exactly the same people involved.

Much as it pains me to say (and I dont work for them!) ITECS seem to be OK and they seem to pay on time!

Dutchpal's business plan sucked....Pay the contractors up front without knowing when the client is going to pay you.....do the maths... it wasnt going to take long before the money ran out. Trouble is, its taken lots of contractors money that they probably wont see again and they expect to "carry on" as though nothing has happened?

I think not............

Surely that is the operating mode of most UK Agencies? I don't have to wait until the client coughs up for my invoice to get paid. Dutchpal must have had contracts with the clients concerning payment terms just like agencies here. I don't see what's different.

Comment

Paying out money that you haven't had in is a very risky business model and unlikely to end well in most circumstances
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
              Paying out money that you haven't had in is a very risky business model and unlikely to end well in most circumstances
              So you are saying 90% of UK agencies operate risky business models?

Comment

Originally posted by normalbloke View Post
                So you are saying 90% of UK agencies operate risky business models?
                I am not sure that 90% of agencies do operate in that way
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

I thought that's where factoring came into play? contractor ltd has say 30 day agreement with agency, agency have 90 day agreement with client at a higher rate, agency then has an agreement with bank for a factoring loan to cover payments to contractor ltd while they wait for client co payment. Interest charged by bank should be less than rate difference between agency-contractor Ltd and agency-client for agency to make money.
                  The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    I thought that's where factoring came into play? contractor ltd has say 30 day agreement with agency, agency have 90 day agreement with client at a higher rate, agency then has an agreement with bank for a factoring loan to cover payments to contractor ltd while they wait for client co payment. Interest charged by bank should be less than rate difference between agency-contractor Ltd and agency-client for agency to make money.
                    Thats exactly how I would say at least 90% of agencies operate.

Comment

Working...
                    X