• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The tags that made the cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tags that made the cut

Of the tags that made the cut, how many can you claim responsibility for starting?

I'll admit to:

christmas
    hurricane
    masterchef
    mumsnet
    sicknote

I'll try and make my next tag contracting related...

Meaty Cockburgers
    Unending Tedium

There were a couple about genitals as well but they got nipped in the bud quite early on.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Meaty Cockburgers
      Unending Tedium

There were a couple about genitals as well but they got nipped in the bud quite early on.
      They didn't make the cut - they've gone.

Comment

Pedantic I know but you did say "made the cut" which points to past tense and therefore any tag that was previously displayed is valid. Doodab may well be correct in his post.
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Pedantic I know but you did say "made the cut" which points to past tense and therefore any tag that was previously displayed is valid. Doodab may well be correct in his post.
          Now I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
            Now I'm confused.
            <Place holder for MF to say - Go and put the kettle on then love>

Comment

They didn't make the cut - they've gone.
              Yes, they went a while ago. I just thought I'd mention them here as I figured tagging the sticky thread would get me into trouble.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Now I'm confused.
                I'll put it another way

"Of the wars that Britain was involved in, how many can you claim to having an interest in?"

Legitimate answers being (among others for the pedants out there):
                WWI
                WWII
                Falklands
                Afghanistan
                Iraq

The question is in the past tense i.e of all wars that Britain has ever been involved in, which interests you?
                the question is not of all the current wars Britain is involved in which interest you?

Therefore WWI is a valid answer , as is Afghanistan. However, I suspect from your post you were referring to all current tags displayed and not all tags that have ever shown on the tag cloud/list/whatever

Either way you didn't specify whether in what historical context you were referring to and so Doodab may well be correct in his answer.
                Last edited by chef; 1 February 2012, 19:47.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Thanks chef, that's cleared it up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
                    I'll put it another way

"Of the wars that Britain was involved in, how many can you claim to having an interest in?"

Legitamate answers being (among others for the pedants out there):
                    WWI
                    WWII
                    Falklands
                    Afghanistan
                    Iraq

The question is in the past tense i.e of all wars that Britain has ever been involved in, which interests you?
                    the question is not of all the current wars Britain is involved in which interest you?

Therefore WWI is a valid answer , as is Afghanistan. However, I suspect from your post you were referring to all current tags displayed and not all tags that have ever shown on the tag cloud/list/whatever

Either way you didn't specify whether in what historical context you were referring to and so Doodab may well be correct in his answer.
                    If they were pedants would they point out that, technically not all of these were wars?

Comment

Working...
                    X