• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why no threads on Syria?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why no threads on Syria?

Heartless bastards...
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Heartless bastards...
    I was in Bleadon at the weekend.

Nice pub there. The Queens Arms?

Comment

I am sure there are lots of threads on Chinese bulletin boards worrying about the Syrian people?

And when are the Arabs going to step in? Why do we always have to be world police? We are a small, third rate country and about time we started behaving as such.

Comment

Dammed if we do, dammed if we don't

If the Ruskies & China won't support UN action then unless you are G.Bush there's feck all we can do about it & I suppose it's a Western thing that killing your own citizens is a bad thing

A shame the Arab League couldn't sort it out

Peeved off with the Syrian ex-pats behavior in London outside the Syrian Embassy but ditto for the recent Congo demonstrations so appears to be a price being paid for multiculturalism
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

These Arab countries with islamic principles are better off governed by a dictator. The moment they get some independence they start fighting among themselves. Result ? decades of civil war with generations who know nothing but how to fight with a gun.
          Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            These Arab countries with islamic principles are better off governed by a dictator. The moment they get some independence they start fighting among themselves. Result ? decades of civil war with generations who know nothing but how to fight with a gun.
            Agreed - democracy is a western invention, why try to impose it on others where a more tribal model may be more suitable?

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
              I was in Bleadon at the weekend.

Nice pub there. The Queens Arms?
              A Butcombe brewery pub IIRC, I had my last pint as a single man there then got married across the road.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                Because we don't give a tulip?

HTH.
                Why did we give a tulip about Libya?

Comment

President Assad never did a thread about me when I was no good

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

After all the risings lately no-one here can be arsed any more.

Also, I might be wrong but I don't remember Assad damaging the UK, unlike Gadaffi who caused the Lockerbie disaster and supplied weapons to the IRA.

To say nothing of fraternising with war criminals like Tony Blair.

Comment

Working...
                    X