• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

Night in the cells accidentally became two years in solitary - Americas - World - The Independent

Accidently?

WTF?

Solitary is not nice. A friend spent 4 years in Dartmoor nick. He refused to co-operated and was put in solitary padded cell for 8 days where he went on hunger strike. He was then informed that if he did not start co-operating the MUFTI (Minimum Use of Force Tactical Intervention. ) would see he got hurt. Nothing serious - just the odd broken bone.

Comment

I read about that in The Week last week - shocking that they just kept walking past him ignoring him completely.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I read about that in The Week last week - shocking that they just kept walking past him ignoring him completely.
        How could that happen in the land of Benjamin Franklin? I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Comment

It's the land of the free. Or not free in his case.

Comment

Ah wrong case - I thought you were talking about this one...

‘Arrogant’ fraudster to face six years in prison - Main Section - Yorkshire Post

The judge said she had received a letter from Upton written after his remand in custody. “You tell me that you are not the typical inmate of prison, that simply demonstrates that your arrogance continues.

“You are typical. Inmates of prison are dishonest, you are dishonest.”
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

£7M a year for doing fook-all. That is a Tony Blairesque salary.
              “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                The judge said she had received a letter from Upton written after his remand in custody. “You tell me that you are not the typical inmate of prison, that simply demonstrates that your arrogance continues.

“You are typical. Inmates of prison are dishonest, you are dishonest.”
                That defence worked for Ernest Saunders. (Ernest Saunders - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Maybe Darren should have squirreled away more to bribe the judge with?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Solitary is not nice. A friend spent 4 years in Dartmoor nick. He refused to co-operated and was put in solitary padded cell for 8 days where he went on hunger strike. He was then informed that if he did not start co-operating the MUFTI (Minimum Use of Force Tactical Intervention. ) would see he got hurt. Nothing serious - just the odd broken bone.
                  I worry about the company you keep. Are you sure you are not a recruitment agent?
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Solitary is not nice.
                    I can think of worse things, like listening to someone talk about their children all day.

Comment

Working...
                    X