• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Year End account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Year End account

My year end account was finalised by my previous account manager in Nov 2011, but I am still waiting for the summary report. Is it normal to wait for this long?

Because both of the account managers made mistakes before (i.e. the wrong VAT calculation for quarter reports), I am a bit concerned about the year end reports….

The tax and accounts are not due at Companies House & HMRC for 9 months after the year end, so there's plenty of time left. If you're not confident in your accountant then just make sure you push for the figures and have time to review them in full before you sign them off.

It's not unusual to wait for a few months after the year end to get accounts, it doesn't mean there's anything wrong.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Unless you need the accounts urgently for a specific reason? this is normal to wait a few months after year end and then you can review them and have them signed off.

Just give you accountant a call for an update and i am sure they can help you.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I have been pushing my account manager. And hopefully I will get the figure soon. The last 3 months things were not great with the accountancy firm due to the change of the account manager.

Comment

Originally posted by 7of9 View Post
          Thanks for the replies. I have been pushing my account manager. And hopefully I will get the figure soon. The last 3 months things were not great with the accountancy firm due to the change of the account manager.
          Just make a nuisance of yourself by asking often, that way they'll get the accounts done just to get some peace and quiet
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
            Just make a nuisance of yourself by asking often, that way they'll get the accounts done just to get some peace and quiet
            that does always work

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, Clare and Jeremiah

It has been quite stressful to chase things up with them to be honest. Especially when the account is not due yet.

I am not easily irritated and worried. But they had two mistakes in the last two quarterly reports, which could potentially make me lose 900 pounds. When I first signed up with them, the accountant promised me if they ever make mistake, my accountancy for that month will be fully refunded. That is how confident he was. I did not write to the accountant to reports the errors because I do not want to put my new account manager in trouble. I can tell she is trying…

Comment

Working...
              X