• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

S2P (State Second Pension) contracting out to a SIPP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S2P (State Second Pension) contracting out to a SIPP

Hi There

My salary from Ltd co is the 7k amount per annum. Just read there is possibility to contract out from S2P. Anyone know if that's something worth considering? I wondered if I would need to have a different setup to make it possible..

Thanks, Rich

By paying a salary of £7,000 neither your company nor you will be paying National Insurance, so you would not benefit from opting out of the S2P (State 2nd Pension) as you are not 'contributing' to a S2P

By all means chat with your pension advisor.

Alan

Comment

Many thanks Alan.

Comment

It's a moot point, it won't be possible for most people to contract out of S2P after the 6th April this year.

Comment

Working...
        X