• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone experience with 1st Contractor Accountants (1CA)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone experience with 1st Contractor Accountants (1CA)?

Hi everyone.

Has anyone experience with "1st Contractor Accountants" accountancy, also known as "1CA"

They offer £69+VAT which make them the cheapest compared to all accountants mentioned here: Brookson, Danbro, InTouch, Nixon Williams.
    They all charge between £80 - £95 (+VAT)

I am setting up an own Ltd (after years with umbrella solution) and I am just about to decide about the accountancy. I have quite simple requirements.

I tried to search this forums for "1CA", "1st contractor accountants" but nothing came up. Strange that none did mention them. This makes me worry a bit.

This is my first post here apologies if I am in a wrong forum or not asking properly enough.

Regards
    Espinosa

The company appears to be connected to Churchill Knight, Luke Desmond is a director of 1st Contractor Accountants but is still listed as Finance Manager at Churchill Knight.

The new company lists Churchill Knight and Luke Desmond as shareholders.

Perhaps ask them what the connection is?

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post
      The company appears to be connected to Churchill Knight, Luke Desmond is a director of 1st Contractor Accountants but is still listed as Finance Manager at Churchill Knight.

Sounds dodgy to me!

Comment

Nothing on their website to say that they're registered by one of the "chartered" accountancy bodies either, so you'd need to check their credentials, i.e. professional indemnity insurance, their qualifications (if any), etc. etc. No come back if they screw up and aren't a member of an accountancy regulatory body so you'd have to claim against them via the courts for any recompense which is costly and difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by WHA View Post
          Nothing on their website to say that they're registered by one of the "chartered" accountancy bodies either, so you'd need to check their credentials, i.e. professional indemnity insurance, their qualifications (if any), etc. etc. No come back if they screw up and aren't a member of an accountancy regulatory body so you'd have to claim against them via the courts for any recompense which is costly and difficult.
          I have to agree with this you really do want an accountancy firm who is regulated and qualified by ICAEW or ACCA etc (recognised accounting bodies) at least this way you have some recourse if they do something wrong.

Any one can call themselves an accountant but not as many can say they are regulated and qualified.

Comment

Interesting.

Please note to those who think that it's a wizard wheeze to pretend that you're asking for advice when you're actually trying to advertise, we take a dim view of this (and I'm looking at the OP and another very recent poster).

And we will call you out for the spivs you are.

HTH.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams View Post

Sounds like they are offering a cheap solution to try to pick up that end of the market. They have to brand it as something different to Churchill otherwise Churchill 's existing clients would want the cheap service.
              P.S. What Spreadsheet? Revolutionising the contracting market again.

Comment

Why, when you admit you are new, come to us asking about someone that isn't on any of our approved lists when there are recommedations and adverts from the biggest and best Contracting accountants all over this forum?

Picking someone you are unsure of when you are new doesn't sound sensible so I call advertising!

Just in case you aren't then here is a list of recommended accountants from experienced contractors who are happy with their service.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

which really helped clients of Upton. Which is not to say that qualifications are not important, but neither are they are guarantee of quality. Or honesty.
                  Last edited by Alan @ BroomeAffinity; 22 February 2012, 17:13.

Comment

They do actually have the ICAEW logo at the very bottom of their web page

Comment

Working...
                    X