• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weird stuff for sale on t'interweb

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weird stuff for sale on t'interweb

I've been talking to a TV producer who's working on a programme about strange stuff that's for sale on t'interweb. As an example, we disucssed a site that sells old school belts, as per corpral punishment - apparently these are collectibles now,.

Any other examples of strange stuf for sale that e may be interested in?

Pervs need not respond....
    World's Best Martini

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Pervs need not respond....
    Mods, you might as well close this thread now
    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Comment

I once saw an Air Guitar for sale on Ebay, and people bidding on it...

Comment

Land on the Moon. Not seen it for sale in shops, but plenty of sites selling it on t'internet.

Comment

I remember a few years back there being a stir around an item on ebay that claimed to be an ex-military Balkan perpetual motion machine or something very similar.

Oo look here's some more info on it: Ukrainians punt free energy generator on eBay ? The Register
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

People sell (and presumably buy) thaose freebie airline wash bags. Just search ebay for "amenity bags".

Comment

I've also seen people selling the cardboard box packaging from popular electronics -- mobile phones, iPads, PS3s etc etc. Sometimes they go for £20 each! Only reason I can think of is that it's an insurance scam.
              It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

ok, I don't think I've explained this very well. He's not looking or one-offs, or scams, but businesses selling product. Odd, unusual product.

Any more ideas?
                World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  I've also seen people selling the cardboard box packaging from popular electronics -- mobile phones, iPads, PS3s etc etc. Sometimes they go for £20 each! Only reason I can think of is that it's an insurance scam.
                  Not when the difference between a boxed and unboxed item can be £100.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post

I once saw an Air Guitar for sale on Ebay, and people bidding on it...
                    Next thing you know there'll be someone trying to flog World Cup seats (again)
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X