• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What a twunt!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a twunt!

In my continuous improvement drive to save costs & be more efficient in every part of my life(I now import coke directly from Bolivia), I decided to take advantage of the swap over to freeview & cancel my Virgin subscription.

So I bought the new telly, freeview boxes etc but didn't have an aerial fitted at the house. So the missus got a fella in to give a quote.

£225 to put up a new aerial & run a cable upstairs, through the lounge and a connecting cable to the kids lounge as well as remove existing cables left over.

So I spoke to him a few hours ago and agreed with him that no new holes were required, that he would remove and use the existing cable and drill no more holes. I was quite explicit that I wanted to re-use the existing holes.

No problems.

Just a had a phone call from the missus. He said one of the holes wasn't big enough and needed to drill below it. In doing so he's drilled through a water pipe in the cavity!

Water turned off. Now waiting for a plumber.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Whats the damage to the wall? I would be thinking about plastering and redecorating. Even if you don't your wife will.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You see what happens when you neg rep me.

Lesson learnt I hope and we'll say no more about it.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Whats the damage to the wall? I would be thinking about plastering and redecorating. Even if you don't your wife will.
        You'll have to lower th eprice tp £750 K now
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          You'll have to lower the price to £750 K now
          or rather typing!!!!

Comment

Oh tulip! What a muppet! That's what masonry bits are for -- I guess he wasn't using one.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

"He says he'll pay for the plumber" Mrs MF just said.

Too f**king right.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What's the betting that after spending £5K on the electrician, the plumber, the plasterer, painter, professional floor polisher, and carpet fitter, the TV reception will be crap and MF will be nagged into starting a new Virgin subscription.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  What's the betting that after spending £5K on the electrician, the plumber, the plasterer, painter, professional floor polisher, and carpet fitter, the TV reception will be crap and MF will be nagged into starting a new Virgin subscription.
                  Nah. Mrs MF hasn't mentioned that she is addicted to something on Sky Living and the brats are going to be furious when they discover the cartoon channels have disappeared.

Comment

Hey MF are you sure this fella is not 'drilling' something else?

Comment

Working...
                    X