• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I bloody hate dance music

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bloody hate dance music

You know it, boom boom boom zzzz boom boom boom electronic crap without any musical value. Don't tell me it's because I'm old because it's been around for 20 odd years since before I got old and I bloody hated it back then.

What a load of tulip. Anyone with a PC could make this ridiculous industrial noise that's emanating from the nextdoor retarded yoof's massive stereo. At least, anyone with a PC who can't be arsed to learn how to play an instrument.

I think I'd better dig out my old Black Sabbath records. Or better still, Motorhead, even though I'm actually in the mood for listening to Beethoven's 9th right now.

Rant over.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

If you'd like to listen to something very different I finished this today. Not to everybody's taste but I like it.

A Walk in the Park
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Do you mean this
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        If you'd like to listen to something very different I finished this today. Not to everybody's taste but I like it.

A Walk in the Park
        Much better, thank you, I shall take the time to listen to some of those.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          Do you mean this
          That is quite abysmal, but it gets worse; I can hear the Dutch variant of bump bump bump 'music' which consists of nothing more than a loud, fast synthetic bass sound and an occasional wail.

It is truly tulipe. I can give a long winded musical analysis about why it is tulipe but I can't be bothered.

Let me put it this way; I like eating well aged rib eye steak. I shall not be eating this new stem cell synthetic 'beef' substitute. Or quorn for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post

A Walk in the Park
            Great stuff there TM, very nice.

What acoustic guitar are you using?

Also fine rant there MtT and I agree, lot of talentless guff out there which is not to my taste.

Still, I've found I've gravitated to the sort of music my parents were listening to in the 70s, like Frank, Karen Carpenter, Billie H and Joni Mitchell, although still love contemporary rock, blues and jazz.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Great stuff there TM, very nice.

What acoustic guitar are you using?

Also fine rant there MtT and I agree, lot of talentless guff out there which is not to my taste.

Still, I've found I've gravitated to the sort of music my parents were listening to in the 70s, like Frank, Karen Carpenter, Billie H and Joni Mitchell, although still love contemporary rock, blues and jazz.
              Thanks HD. Believe it or not all the tracks making up the first tune were played on a DBZ Bolero electric guitar hooked up to a Roland GR-55 with a GK-3 pickup, that includes the percussion, fiddle and sax.

I have a large guitar collection but since getting the guitar synth just about any sound I want I get from it including acoustic guitar sounds.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

The defence rests its case.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post

The defence rests its case.
                  No, you've defended films of hot birds getting sweaty in an aerobics class. There's nothing wrong with that, in fact quite a lot right with it. The sound that accompanies the little film is abysmal and an unnecessary distraction from a high quality cinematic portrayal of randy women.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X