• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car twat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car twat

I was cycling along a bus lane today when some guy in a car came up today and said I should get out of his way as the bus lane belonged to him.

I politely pointed out the bus lane camera and he started to cry and asked for his mummy.

I probably should have punched him - but he looked far to wimpy.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I was cycling along a bus lane today when some guy in a car came up today and said I should get out of his way as the bus lane belonged to him.

I politely pointed out the bus lane camera and he started to cry and asked for his mummy.

I probably should have punched him - but he looked far to wimpy.
    He'd probably found himself in the bus lane by accident but didn't have the balls to try and rejoin the main traffic flow
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

I reckon driving down train tracks when there's no train coming might be worth a try to shave 3 minutes off my journey time.

I'm sure some jobsworth will try and tell me it's dangerous. Bloody left wing tree hugging 'elf 'n' safety types.

Comment

Reminds me of
        Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
          Reminds me of
          Vaguely amusing, but those things sometimes catch people out who've just made a genuine mistake and aren't intending to do something wrong. People can be quite seriously injured by those bollards that come out of the ground and I don't think it can be justified to use violence to enforce traffic regulations. It's a sign of local politicians getting above their station and a completely disproportionate answer to a few people driving down a street where they might not be supposed to drive. Someday someone will take a council to court over this and win. I hope.
          Last edited by Mich the Tester; 28 February 2012, 11:55.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
            Vaguely amusing, but those things catch people out who've just made a genuine mistake and aren't intending to do something wrong. People can be quite seriously injured by those bollards that come out of the ground and I don't think it can be justified to use violence to enforce traffic regulations. It's a sign of local politicians getting above their station and a completely disproportionate answer to a few people driving down a street where they might not be supposed to drive. Someday someone will take a council to court over this and win. I hope.
            You can tell by the way they are accelerating hard inches behind the bus they are trying to cheat the system. I hope the police prosecute each of them for dangerous driving and the council send them a bill for damaging the bollards. Utter cretins.

Comment

Oh come on - you seriously need to be tailgating to have any chance of this happening and even then you can see that it doesn't work.

These were "car twats"
              Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Vaguely amusing, but those things sometimes catch people out who've just made a genuine mistake and aren't intending to do something wrong. People can be quite seriously injured by those bollards that come out of the ground and I don't think it can be justified to use violence to enforce traffic regulations. It's a sign of local politicians getting above their station and a completely disproportionate answer to a few people driving down a street where they might not be supposed to drive. Someday someone will take a council to court over this and win. I hope.
                those bollards have huge warning signs and flashing lights either side of them. Anyone stupid enough to hit it by accident probably shouldn't be driving in the first place
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
                  Oh come on - you seriously need to be tailgating to have any chance of this happening and even then you can see that it doesn't work.

These were "car twats"
                  Not true. There have been a number of cases here in NL of those bus barriers rising unexpectely and causing serious injuries; a recent court case in Muiden resulted in the barrier being removed after someone ended up in hospital with serious injuries.

Anyway, even if people are trying to 'cheat the system', I can't imagine how anyone can see a stay in hospital and a written off car as a just punishment for trying to drive through a no entry road.

As well as that, those things deal out their 'justice' before anyone's even taken the trouble to find out why someone might be driving into that street. It's violent action, potentially causing serious injuries, to deal with a very minor misdemeanour; anyone who think's that's necessary has a seriously messed up sense of 'justice'.

But of course we live in times of 'zero tolerance' where sheeple blindly accept that the government should cajole them, boss them around, hector them and then charge them for the pleasure.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I shave literally seconds off my commute to work everyone morning by diverting across a military firing range.

Comment

Working...
                    X