• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self employed and Child Support / Maintenance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self employed and Child Support / Maintenance

Hello,
    I pay child support for my four year old daughter, and it has recently been assessed at £90 per week. Up till now I have worked through an Umbrella Company, as I work as an IT Contractor, but recently I have started setting up my own company to contract through. I want to ensure that I am legit with the CSA, and therefore I have a number of questions:
    a. What should I tell the CSA: for example, one friend of mine suggested that I should get a P40 from the umbrella, and give that to the CSA, and a new P40 from the new company [in which i am a director]: should I do this, or should I be open with them about how I am now self employed [through my own company..];
    b. What about dividends, are they subject to CSA rules, and could I get caught in arrears, if I pay myself a dividend at the end of the month, but do not the child maintenance owing on it?

M

There is a long thread on CSA running as we speak I believe but this search might be of help...

CSA site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Try here:
      Contractors' Questions: Does the CSA consider dividends? :: Contractor UK

Comment

Working...
      X