• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BT Vision and Broadband

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT Vision and Broadband

Considering signing up to BT Vision and Broadband, the package looks allright, anyone using this already?

Thoughts on it?
    Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

I thought about it, but got Sky Fibre Broadband installed instead. Plugging my Sky HD box into the router, I get VOD....
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
      Considering signing up to BT Vision and Broadband, the package looks allright, anyone using this already?

Thoughts on it?
      I have BT broadband (but have a freeview box for TV).

So far no issues with uptime. I can't get infinity so have a 7-8Mb line.

One thing worthy of note is that their opinion of my usage and what my/their router says are not the same thing. There was one month when they said I'd used considerably more than I had. It didn't get to the stage that they charged me for it but was enough to prompt me to check usage on a daily basis.

As always, YMMV

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post

Thoughts on it?
        I am on them and am pleased with it. I have never had sky so can't compare but the recording programmes works fine, On Demand stuff keeps kids happy. Only got the basic free TV though, none of the fancier channels sky has. It does exactly what it says it should with no problems for me.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Who are you with now? Virgin have been fine for me.

I'm just waiting for the my 60Mbps to cut in, in October!!!!

and I thought Usain Bolt would have been faster than that.
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Who are you with now? Virgin have been fine for me.
            With Andrews and Arnold at the moment, highly recommended, but a tad on the expensive side, went with them initially as the intention was to use some of their unique features, like static IP, ipv6, etc. Turn''s out I don't really use all that, so going with a bog standard ISP now.

Already on the Fibre to the Cabinet broadband (BT infinity) so going to keep that

Currently pay £60 a month to A&A, £55 a month to Sky, and £20 a month to BT, total of £135

Now going to pay £40 a month to BT for the same speed, a few less channels (that I don't watch anyway) plus getting a few extras (unmetered access to iplayer and other on demand stuff), unlimited access to openzone, and the anytime call deal.

Only concern is the lack of an 'official' multiroom capability for BT Vision, but understand there are some workarounds on that anyway.
            Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

I went from 1.6meg with Sky to 28.9meg with BT infinity...

Costs a bit more, but by 'eck it's quick!
              Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Comment

Working...
              X