• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting in Luxembourg

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contracting in Luxembourg

Hi,

I've just started a contract in Luxembourg, i've been given various qoutes on rentention rates by compaies such as ITECS and Connexions Europe, one of which inlcuded splitting my gross and putting some into an offshore account so i'm just wondering of anyone has an opinion. the contract is likeley to go longer than six months.

I'm obiously a bit dubious about these things, but equally i've been told the luxembourg authorities are relatively relxed about these things (they apparently told my predecessor it was too complicated for them to take any tax from him as we are being paid via a Danish company)

So i'm just looking for some general advice, i've read some poor thinhs about ITECS and what i can only assume was a previous incarnation of Connexions

Basically what they´re offering is tax evasion, syphon the money to an offshore account which is hidden from the authorities. You can take your chances and probably Luxembourg is a country where you´re more likely to get away with it. Though make no mistake if some official were to find out about it you´d be for the high jump.

I went the legal route when I was in Luxembourg. If I remember it was Connexions who offered the offshore solution; though they also offer to do it legally. Connexions contractors have faced the wrath of the tax man in Belgium.

I went with ITECS and found them to be OK.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Basically what they´re offering is tax evasion, syphon the money to an offshore account which is hidden from the authorities. You can take your chances and probably Luxembourg is a country where you´re more likely to get away with it. Though make no mistake if some official were to find out about it you´d be for the high jump.

I went the legal route when I was in Luxembourg. If I remember it was Connexions who offered the offshore solution; though they also offer to do it legally. Connexions contractors have faced the wrath of the tax man in Belgium.

I went with ITECS and found them to be OK.
      Just look for the thread about Connexions. They betrayed every contractor in Belgium and additionaly tried to rip them off. They should be

Comment

Thanks for the advice, ITECS are also offering some kind of offshore or what sounds like an employee benefits trust. All sounds very suspect.

Comment

Just remember the tax authorities have long arms, they can chase you up several years after you´ve left. My advice would be just play safe, then there will be no nasty surprises down the line.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Employee benefits trust

Hi, I have just started a new contract in Belgium. The ageny is pushing me to work with Itecs for the payroll. How does their employee benefits trust work?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X