• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

F1 - Let the season begin

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F1 - Let the season begin

Well, just a couple of days until the season opener and with 6 world champions on the grid it's likely to be a right old ding dong battle for supremacy.

Red Bull have got to be the season opener favourites, but I think Maclaren will give them a run for their money and I'm optimistic about Mercedes, Lotus and Force India.

Unfortunately I think Ferrari need to have yet another rethink about what they are doing...in testing the car is like my wife on PMS... totally unpredictable. I can't see a Ferrari in the top 6 this weekend...

Game on!
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post
    Well, just a couple of days until the season opener and with 6 world champions on the grid it's likely to be a right old ding dong battle for supremacy.

Red Bull have got to be the season opener favourites, but I think Maclaren will give them a run for their money and I'm optimistic about Mercedes, Lotus and Force India.

Unfortunately I think Ferrari need to have yet another rethink about what they are doing...in testing the car is like my wife on PMS... totally unpredictable. I can't see a Ferrari in the top 6 this weekend...

Game on!
    Strangely enough, I can see the fezzer on pole and struggling to finish in the top 10. From what I read, single lap pace if massive, on brand new rubber, so Qualifying they should be immense. However, its the drop off in performance after 2 or 3 laps that they are having issues with. Last year, they struggled to get heat into their tyres quickly, which made qualifying hard for them, but this year, it's turned circle and they get too much heat in too quickly, which makes for very quick qualifying.

Mclaren and Merc look happy. I guess we'll see in Q3 Sunday morning, but it's intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Even more sleep inducing than Horizon.
      Which was why I used to love it! Until I had kids that is.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost

Even more sleep inducing than Horizon.
        Look on the bright side Zeity, some of it's on Sky now.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceRacing View Post

Game on!
          You haven't followed testing have you. Granted we won't know anything until Friday morning but the Maclaren is probably the favourites at the moment.

Ferrari's car is a dog which needs to be put down.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Looking forward to it. Cautiously optimistic that the BBC extended highlights will be OK, in a weird way I will miss getting up at 5am. Very sad that Brundle left for Sky, but I like to hope we'll see him on the grid barging the BBC people out of his way
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You haven't followed testing have you. Granted we won't know anything until Friday morning but the Maclaren is probably the favourites at the moment.

Ferrari's car is a dog which needs to be put down.
              The fezzer is very, very quick, but not over a distance. I have been looking at testing all the time. I think there's a very quick lap in it, but then thats it, nothing more. I wouldn't be surpised to see:
              a) Fez on Pole or front row
              b) Fez doing the most pit stops.

I am optimistic for Mclaren, car looks strong. A friend who works for their road car division has intimated they're not worried about pace, which leads me to think they've been sandbagging.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                Look on the bright side Zeity, some of it's on Sky now.
                Thankfully I can view it on RTL and stick on 5 live for the commentary

Will miss the BBC red button that they had every week though and sky will have Brundel bludering his way on the grid.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

A satellite techy guy that I used to work with at my last perm role, has just landed himself a job with the Formula One circus as a broadcast engineer, travelling around from track to track. Probably a lot harder work than it sounds, but probably some awesomeness too.

I'm a MotoGP fan rather than F1. Excellent coverage on the BBC.
                  Last edited by Scrag Meister; 12 March 2012, 12:20.
                  Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Kimi was fastest overall at Barcelona testing if memory serves me right, so the Renault / Lotus car could be one to watch this year.

Comment

Working...
                    X