• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Timesheeting systems and no / automatic invoicing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Timesheeting systems and no / automatic invoicing

How does this all fit with the HMRC?

Basically, I complete my time in a system for 3rd parties and the time is invoiced and paid automatically.

Not sure how I feel about this, however it is an automated system for time approval and saves admin.
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    How does this all fit with the HMRC?

Basically, I complete my time in a system for 3rd parties and the time is invoiced and paid automatically.

Not sure how I feel about this, however it is an automated system for time approval and saves admin.
    I would be ok with it, as long as I raised an internal invoice and attached a copy of the timesheet to it for internal purposes.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

It's just an admin process, I can't see it has any bearing on anything else. I would however advise that you create your own invoices for your own records, even if they aren't required by the client/agency. It shows you're thinking like a business, and you'll have them available should HMRC ever ask to see them.
      ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Clare@InTouch View Post
        It's just an admin process, I can't see it has any bearing on anything else. I would however advise that you create your own invoices for your own records, even if they aren't required by the client/agency. It shows you're thinking like a business, and you'll have them available should HMRC ever ask to see them.
        That's what I do as it allows for reconciliation between what you think they owe you and what they actually pay you (which is not always the same thing...)
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

works for, cheers both!!
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Working...
          X