• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big Bang Fair at the NEC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Bang Fair at the NEC

Did anyone else take their kids to this last week?
    We went on Saturday and it was bloody marvelous.
    Highlights were talking to people from The Mill (who the vfx for Dr Who, Primeval & Sherlock) and the robotics development team from Edinburgh Uni and the people from Sussex uni who are researching into quantum circuits.
    I would recommend it for next year if you've got kids/teens who have an interest in science.

Also on the way out we went past the alpaca version of crufts! So we went in and watched the alpaca judging. Its all about the quality of their coats it would seem
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Saw some Llamas last summer. Female Llamas look remarkably human from the back. Not that I noticed.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 20 March 2012, 22:20. Reason: 2 LS in lama
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Is that sexy or what?

bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Saw some Llamas last summer. Female Llamas look remarkably human from the back. Not that I noticed.
        Is that sexy or what?

To be fair you did specify from the back.

Comment

I know. I was just about to take a picture from the back and the missus came round the corner. I had to take that snap instead.
          bloggoth

Comment

I know. I was just about to take a picture from the back and the missus came round the corner. I had to take that snap instead.
            That explains the knowing smile!

Comment

Working...
            X