• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PSC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSC

now, i know i can be thick at times, but what the feck is the definition of a PSC??
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

A Guide To Personal Service Companies for IT contractors :: Contractor UK

Comment

All you need to know is that a PSC has no meaning in law, it's just a made name by the Inland Revenue that has no legal basis
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
        now, i know i can be thick at times, but what the feck is the definition of a PSC??
        It is what you are.....
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          It is what you are.....
          Allegedly

Comment

There doesn't seem to be any definition but I would say that it is a limited company used as a vehicle to supply the services of an individual, ie usually a ine man band, rather than a larger consultancy employing several staff.
            "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

The term was, I believe, introduced by HMR&C at the same time as the MSC legislation came out and, although they have never commented on it as far as I know, I believe the terms was coined to differentiate between a single person Ltd Co v a 'company'.
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                The term was, I believe, introduced by HMR&C at the same time as the MSC legislation came out and, although they have never commented on it as far as I know, I believe the terms was coined to differentiate between a single person Ltd Co v a 'company'.
                clear as mud then!

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
                  clear as mud then!
                  Yep if there's one thing you can rely on HMR&C for it is to act without an clarity whatsoever

Oooo look at that I've just hit 1500 posts
                  Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
                    There doesn't seem to be any definition but I would say that it is a limited company used as a vehicle to supply the services of an individual, ie usually a ine man band, rather than a larger consultancy employing several staff.
                    People are correct that there is no definition in law but HMRC's definition states that you are using a personal service company if:

• you performed services (intellectual, manual or a mixture of the two) for a client (or clients); and
                    • the services were provided under a contract between the client(s) and a company of which you were, at any time during the tax year, a shareholder; and
                    • the company’s income was, at any time during the tax year, derived wholly or mainly (that is, more than half of it) from services performed by the shareholders personally
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X