• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving accountants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving accountants

Is there a more convenient time to move accountants?

1. Beginning of April tax year.
    2. End of MyCo fiscal year?
    3. As soon as you have received your YE accounts.

I ask because we are approaching the end of the Tax year, my YE is end of May.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

In theory, you should be able to move at any time. You can have two accountants simultaneously and just confirm with each what they are going to complete.

For yourself, if you pay your accountant on a monthly basis, it would make sense to move at the end of May 2012 which would mean the fee you've paid would cover the company accounts, P14, P35, P11D and SATR 2011-12. You could also suggest to your new accountant that if you switched in June, whether their fees could start then so there is no overlap (no duplicate accountancy fees).

Comment

I am sure Baggy can recommend one for you.

Comment

In theroy i agree you should be able to move at any time you like and the most simple way is to do as Craig has said and make sure both accountants know exactly what they have to do.

A nice smooth change over with your accounts,CT600 P35,P11D etc and SATR 2011-2012 all being completed by your old accountant as this is the service you have paid for monthly. The this can all be passed over to your new accountant.

Although if you are moving for a particular reason like for example the service level is not what you expected then moving prior to your company year end is finished or you receive the accounts always an option.

Maybe you prefer your new accountant to take over straight away and produce all the Accounts, CT600 , SATR and Payroll etc.

Oh yes and make sure you don't have to pay any duplicate fees as why should you pay two accountants for the same service!

I have seen clients choose both options it is really down to you the individual and what you prefer. Speak to your new accountant and they should be able to advise you.

Comment

Working...
        X