• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Aaaagh. More unexpected problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aaaagh. More unexpected problems

Always summit you don't think of. All the hastles of providing downloads, payment, security, licensing etc. Sorted I thought.

Then a real purchase and the randomly generated password supplied to the customer is only one digit away from starting with w*nk.

Bah! Now have to mod pwd generator to ensure it produces nothing rude.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Always summit you don't think of. All the hastles of providing downloads, payment, security, licensing etc. Sorted I thought.

Then a real purchase and the randomly generated password supplied to the customer is only one digit away from starting with w*nk.

Bah! Now have to mod pwd generator to ensure it produces nothing rude.
    Does the pwd gen use their surname in any capacity

What was clientco's name?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Now have to mod pwd generator to ensure it only produces rude words.
      FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Does the pwd gen use their surname in any capacity

What was clientco's name?
        Herr Winkermann?
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

One I implemented a while ago took two words from a random list. Developer stitched me right up, list contained mouth, man, lady, toilet, god, hose, trumpet, child and lots of other choice ones to make amusing combinations

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
            One I implemented a while ago took two words from a random list. Developer stitched me right up, list contained mouth, man, lady, toilet, god, hose, trumpet, child and lots of other choice ones to make amusing combinations
            Christ, that sounds like a tag line from xnxx.com
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              And you still let Nick post here
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                And you still let Nick post here
                So that would explain Suity's posts
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Expect the unexpected and you will never be suprised unless you are very stupid.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Expect the unexpected and you will never be suprised unless you are very stupid.
                    Thus neatly explaining the facial expression on your avatar
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X