• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you throw litter on the street?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you throw litter on the street?

It's a disgrace!

Cigarette stubs, crisp packets, plastic bottles, chip papers, plastic carrier bags, sweet wrappers all litter our streets. Chewing gum stuck to the pavements!

Who the hell is dropping this stuff?

When did it become acceptable to treat your country like a rubbish tip?

I do not!

Complete lack of respect.

The difference is stark when arriving back to Heathrow after after trip or holiday abroad.

Tone

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Cigarette stubs

Who the hell is dropping this stuff?
      smokers?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        smokers?

Comment

Got to agree with you on this one, it's a complete disgrace the state of the streets and going abroad just emphasises it.
          Even worse when it's schoolkids dropping it on the way in and it all blows into my garden

Rant over
          Your friendly neighbourhood VirtualMonkey - Not giving financial advice since...well...ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            okay. to be serious, morals have been declining at all levels of society for a while. I was talking to a crim a couple of weeks ago - 20 years ago if you grew cannabis peoople would say good luck to you. Now they will come round and rob you.

It all starts with the leaders of society - the MPs - who are now totally corrupt. A complete lack of any sort of christian morals.

Of course cuk is the one institution that has resisted the moral decline. It always was full of bear-baiting trolls with amoeba intelligence levels.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualMonkey View Post
              Even worse when it's schoolkids dropping it on the way in and it all blows into my garden
              Which is why we keep ours as a paved driveway. It blows into those with gardens.

HTH

Comment

What the OP says.

You have little old ladies getting fined for this but you never hear of youngsters getting fined for dropping litter everywhere else.

The number of times I've been driving or walking and seen someone just drop the packet of whatever they've been eating on the floor is a disgrace. In the past i've said something, but these days I limit myself to only having a go at dog owners who let their dogs tulip on the pavement. (An argument ensues in every case)
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  okay. to be serious, morals have been declining at all levels of society for a while. I was talking to a crim a couple of weeks ago - 20 years ago if you grew cannabis peoople would say good luck to you. Now they will come round and rob you.

It all starts with the leaders of society - the MPs - who are now totally corrupt. A complete lack of any sort of christian morals.

Of course cuk is the one institution that has resisted the moral decline. It always was full of bear-baiting trolls with amoeba intelligence levels.
                  Erm not everyone with morals is a Christian. The New Testament was a sequel, and don't you forget it!

Comment

I blame the IRA. It started after the auhorities removed litter bins in case they got blown up.

I usually try an "Excuse me, you dropped that". Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Dunno about smoking debris - don't remember ever picking up my fag butts when I was a smoker (many years ago) but I know my smoking friends do. I guess with smokers being driven out of doors it's more apparent than it used to be when the majority probably ended up in ash trays.

Comment

Working...
                    X