• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Laptop / PC Server expense on Limited Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laptop / PC Server expense on Limited Company

Hi,

I have been working thru limited company from last one and half year. I always buy laptop/pc/server/software stuff by paying using my personal card and then expense it in limited company and pay back to myself.

I have business combined insurance for limited company which includes office equipment insurance as well which could cover all these laptop/servers.

But all of these stuffs purchased on my name not limited company because I paid thru my personal card.

Insurance company says I cannot claim for damages on these laptop/servers as there are not registered on company name.

I do not have a debit card for business account.

Am I doing something wrong or what document should I create to show equipments on company name?

Originally posted by mgarg View Post
    Insurance company says I cannot claim for damages on these laptop/servers as there are not registered on company name.
    I think the insurance company is being unreasonable. Your company is free to buy it's equipment from anyone that it chooses, including the director. Go back to the insurance company and point out that the company has a receipt for the goods for when they brought it from you (just print something off to say that you sold the goods to the company along with the date and price paid and sign it) and show them that it appears as an asset on the company's accounts.
    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

You, the director, bought them for the company. Show them the receipts and bank statement showing that you paid the expense back to yourself.
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
        I think the insurance company is being unreasonable. Your company is free to buy it's equipment from anyone that it chooses, including the director. Go back to the insurance company and point out that the company has a receipt for the goods for when they brought it from you (just print something off to say that you sold the goods to the company along with the date and price paid and sign it) and show them that it appears as an asset on the company's accounts.
        Thanks Wandrer, do you have any sample format to generate sale receipt in format you have mentioned?

Comment

Thanks Wandrer, do you have any sample format to generate sale receipt in format you have mentioned?
          No, I don't have a template. It can be quite simple, just make one up. Make sure you include your name, your company's name, a description of the goods, a price and a date. Check out a few examples here for some ideas.

DON'T add vat to the receipt because you personally aren't VAT registered, the company can't claim back the VAT.
          Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
            No, I don't have a template. It can be quite simple, just make one up. Make sure you include your name, your company's name, a description of the goods, a price and a date. Check out a few examples here for some ideas.

DON'T add vat to the receipt because you personally aren't VAT registered, the company can't claim back the VAT.
            Thanks for the links. I should have tried google image search myself before asking you.

Comment

Working...
            X