• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The UK is sick

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The UK is sick

Twitter users condemned over photos of road crash victim - Telegraph

TTIUWP

Comment

Linky to them.... so we can judge for ourselves of course
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        TTIUWP
        This Thread Is Useless Without Pics ?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          This Thread Is Useless Without Pics ?
          Search for "Nikki Catsouras." I'll say no more.
          nomadd liked this post

Comment

On the other hand; I think the UK news is too sanitised. I would preferred gruesome images of war showing children blow to bits rather than pictures of “Our Heroes” bombing them from a distance. It was candid pictures of maimed humans that led to the US withdrawal of Vietnam. Sad to say that journalist war correspondents these days spend their time at the bar in hotels and listening to official reports and rumour.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              It was candid pictures of maimed humans that led to the US withdrawal of Vietnam.
              It was actually a combination of factors, mainly:

1) USSR's involvement (much like US involvement in Afghanistan later drove USSR away)
              2) High losses of US soldiers who were DRAFTED to go and die there
              3) cowards like yourself who don't understand that if US did not do anything there would be just one Korea now: Northern rather than Southern variety.

If you want sick stuff then you don't need to go further than A&E attending fatal crashes with around 10 people dieing every day on average.

Comment

In Spain they'd show the blood and guts in the regular news report.

Comment

Mmmmmm maybe sick, but that isnt the UK on it's own. It is the western world, or even nearly all the world inhabitants dare I say.

Most people slow down to gawk at a motorway pile-up causing further delays, this happens every day. I regularly see people slowing and rolling their windows down to take photos, probably to sell to the sun.

One thing I did find amusing was a while back I was reading through a foreign migration/travel article and the subject of the UK came up and the top advice was to prepare for the UK and the dry sense of humour that might shock foreigners. One example was of an eastern european who found the first person to even speak to her in london was on the tube and told her the joke: What's the difference between smarties and cockneys? Smarties don't explode on the tube. She was horrified yet the bloke was too busy laughing his head off.

Comment

I caught the images earlier. Really graphic.

And then I thought to myself, is there nothing on the internet I won't masturbate to.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X