• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Travel Insurance from next week for Miami, Mexico and Brazil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travel Insurance from next week for Miami, Mexico and Brazil

Hi I'm going to these 3 countries for 5 weeks, I need travel insurance since the client nor the agency are going to insure me, any suggestions?

I'm young and fit!

Originally posted by trsisko View Post
    Hi I'm going to these 3 countries for 5 weeks, I need travel insurance since the client nor the agency are going to insure me, any suggestions?

I'm young and fit!
    I always use Insure and Go, few times I have had to claim they have been very quick and no questions asked.

They do a pretty good annual policy too IIRC. Once was for lost baggage in Jamaica and once was for a minor skiing injury.

Comment

Also after checking the price on insure and go as well as brokers, check out your own policies.

What I mean by that, is you may have car insurance through a broker, home insurance, finance protection, etc etc, policies already in place. If you already have a good provider, they often do travel insurance at discounted rates since you are already a customer.

Also as peter griffin off family guy says, dont forget the volcano insurance. Insurers like aviva have comprehensive insurance that will cover volcano dust, most acts of god, airline/travelling delays, etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by trsisko View Post

I'm young and fit!
        So was Fabrice Muamba.

Most firms who sell travel insurance will also sell business travel insurance.

As I've never claimed I can't tell you who is or isn't good. Just read the small print before buying.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Dunno why you think the client would insure you and the agent!!?????

You are not an employee so the clients insurance wouldn't cover you and why should they, you are a contractor.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Dunno why you think the client would insure you and the agent!!?????

You are not an employee so the clients insurance wouldn't cover you and why should they, you are a contractor.
            Indeed so, but insurance is a valid expense that should be discussed for re-imbursement.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
              Indeed so, but insurance is a valid expense that should be discussed for re-imbursement.
              Very true indeed.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I spent ages looking at travel insurance recently. The big thing that loads of the insurers don't cover is cancellation due to strikes/industrial action. In the current climate, and the fact we were considering Spain and Greece at one point, we though this essential.

Have used Amex for many years, they are very good, but they don't cover cancallation due to strikes. In the end John Lewis and Marks and Spencer had the most comprehensive (and expensive) policies I could find.

We plumped for John Lewis in the end. Although Churchill looked quite good. I just looked at Defaqto 5* policies.

Comment

Working...
                X