• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flat rate VAT scheme wanting to purchase >2K of Office Equipment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat rate VAT scheme wanting to purchase >2K of Office Equipment

Correct me if I'm wrong but in the flat rate VAT scheme, if I can get an invoice for stuff that is exclusively for the business that is over £2K I don't have to pay any VAT on it?

If that's the case, does anyone know of a one stop shop to do out a home office, (computer, comfy leather chair, desk, shelving, filing etc.) that I can get all the stuff on one invoice?

If you buy capital equipment then you can reclaim the VAT under FRS, but you still have to pay VAT to the place you buy it. It has to be an asset of the business, and the invoice value needs to be over £2,000.
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

office world or staples?
      I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Is it possible to spend 2k on office equipment if you're not buying hardware??

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
          Yuuur, probably not.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            <sigh>

Carat Executive Desk

Humanscale Freedom Leather Executive Chair Office Chairs UK

There is 2.6K.....
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Actually I just had a quick look and it probably is possible. Staples sell laptops too and you only need to get to £1600 (not including VAT) to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                But seriously, why would you?? It aint a investment... you can look just as good paying at most half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  LOL, I'm more at the argos end of the market!

Comment

Originally posted by Antman View Post
                    Actually I just had a quick look and it probably is possible. Staples sell laptops too and you only need to get to £1600 (not including VAT) to do this.
                    Fair point, buy a Mac, more than half way there then!!

Comment

Working...
                    X