• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK take-up of e-gov services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK take-up of e-gov services

In today's news postings:

"In line with Accenture’s findings, the consultant said the “next wave of leading” government agencies will deliver customer service that builds an implicit trust between citizens and government, to surpass “citizen satisfaction.”"

Gawd, talk of jam tomorrow and believing your own hype. I'm not sure any amount of systems improvement or joined-up govt will build "implicit trust between citizens & govt". How we start from the top and have Tone and El Gordo talking truthfully (about anything) first.

As for e-gov systems, well, how about server availability, logical interfaces, meaningful on-screen help, allowing one PIN and password to access all menus (not have one for VAT, one for self-assessment, one for CT and so on...)? Perhaps if things were simplified, more folk would use online services.

Can anyone remind me again which contractors designed the HMRC site?
    "My God, it's huge!!"

Don't think I want an implicit trust with the govt.

Besides, I'd like to see the definition of trust used here. Are we talking 'I trust you cos you're the govt and you'd never let me down' or are we talking 'I trust you because I've validated your security token correctly'?

Big difference...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You've forgot an option: 'I trust you because to say otherwise is liable to land me in jail as a terrorist.'
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

In line with Accenture’s findings...

Accenture’s findings generally follow this outline...

1) Accenture are brill !!!

2) Accenture need more money

3) Accenture are totally inept, but very good at covering up and laying off blame

4) Accenture can't actually make stuff that works

5) Accenture are crap and employ doom-brained idiots from top to bottom.

6) Accenture EXPECTS and DESERVES to win every Govt contract regardless or our pathetic track record of endless failures

7) Accenture - because we're vaguely French-sounding !

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X