• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London town here I come!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London town here I come!

After a year working in Dubai, and 15 more in Sydney, London town is next up.

I looked for 3 months before even getting any sort of nibbles in dubai (ok, the GFC had just raped it).
    But looking in europe.... within 3 days I'd already had a phone interview with someone in London
    Wow this sounds pretty decent! Let's look harder.

Well face to face apr 16, but I know once I'm on the ground they'll all come out of the woodwork.

So this sand-dweller will be a snow-dweller from the 11th. I'll learn about post codes, hackney carriages, the london underground, and much more.

Boy it'll be good to be back with some people who actually have enthusiasms.

Originally posted by Mavzor View Post

I looked for 3 months before even getting any sort of nibbles in dubai (ok, the GFC had just raped it).
    But looking in europe.... within 3 days I'd already had a phone interview with someone in London

Well face to face apr 16, but I know once I'm on the ground they'll all come out of the woodwork.

So this sand-dweller will be a snow-dweller from the 11th. I'll learn about post codes, hackney carriages, the london underground, and much more.

It's a local custom to urinate on the rear nearside wheel - Cabbies like that and it shows you're a real local.

Tone

Comment

I tried Google translate but it's still gibberish - can anyone help?

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
        I tried Google translate but it's still gibberish - can anyone help?
        I'm not sure either, but you can be sure MI5/6 are studying this to see if the date April 16 is significant.
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

You again Chetty?

Comment

If you find anyone in London with Enthusuiasm for anything other than being a chav please let us know.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              If you find anyone in London with Enthusuiasm for anything other than being a chav please let us know.
              Chav is Essex.

In London, we are all Dharlings, darling.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                In London, we are all Dharlings, darling.
                Not around where I used to live.

You sound like you live west of Trafalgar Square - why anyone would travel out in that direction I have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
                  Not around where I used to live.

You sound like you live west of Trafalgar Square - why anyone would travel out in that direction I have no idea.
                  Oh dear, you sound like of of those Ruffians the great Mr Dickens writes about. Thank heavens you don't travel west to the land of the gentleman.

(Ps. Nope, I don't live in West London - and I can't stand the inverted snobs who do. Tarquin! Fwetch the Wange Wover! )
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                    Oh dear, you sound like of of those Ruffians the great Mr Dickens writes about. Thank heavens you don't travel west to the land of the gentleman.
                    One year the firm that I contracted through said that they were holding their Christmas party in the West-End. It turned out that they were holding it in Fulham.

Fulham is not in the West-End - its in the West-Country.

Comment

Working...
                    X