PDA

View Full Version : 1st May

darmstadt
1st May 2012, 08:32
Public holiday here today, there will be riots in Berlin (http://erstermai.nostate.net/web/)whereas the rest of Germany will be sleeping off hangovers due to the 'Tanz in der Mai (http://www.hicker.de/data/media/185/tanz-in-den-mai_9866.jpg)' parties last night (otherwise known as Walpurgisnacht). Me, I'm on the way to Holland (Enschede) for lunch and then down to Münster for evening meal.

MarillionFan
1st May 2012, 08:42
1st May.

Where the hell did Jan, Feb, Mar and April go!!!!!!:eek:

Sysman
1st May 2012, 08:42
Holiday in Zurich and riots expected, but not where I am.

Head office is in Zurich so there's nobody to support.

Might drift in this aft. At least the phones will be quiet.

BrilloPad
1st May 2012, 08:46
Whatever happened to May day riots in the city?

With the government bailing out the bankers with bucket loads of cash I would have expected a full scale riot.

Sysman
1st May 2012, 08:47
Whatever happened to May day riots in the city?

With the government bailing out the bankers with bucket loads of cash I would have expected a full scale riot.

Apathy?

MarillionFan
1st May 2012, 08:50
Apathy?

It's raining. You can't riot with an umbrella.

doomage
1st May 2012, 08:52
1st May.

Where the hell did Jan, Feb, Mar and April go!!!!!!:eek:

Only 166 billable days until Christmas.

(unless you are 'open for business' at weekends or bank holidays)

MarillionFan
1st May 2012, 08:53
Only 166 billable days until Christmas.

(unless you are 'open for business' at weekends or bank holidays)

Cool, that's still £249k to come.:smokin

Dimprawn.

TimberWolf
1st May 2012, 09:07
Public holiday here today, there will be riots in Berlin (http://erstermai.nostate.net/web/)whereas the rest of Germany will be sleeping off hangovers due to the 'Tanz in der Mai (http://www.hicker.de/data/media/185/tanz-in-den-mai_9866.jpg)' parties last night (otherwise known as Walpurgisnacht). Me, I'm on the way to Holland (Enschede) for lunch and then down to Münster for evening meal.

I've heard it's quite hot in Germany at the moment. 7 C forecast here in Blighty for the weekend.

What's going on in Berlin?

I booked a flight for meine mutter to Münster / Osnabrück the other day. Turns out there were no direct flight from the UK, so it needs a Frankfurt stop.

darmstadt
1st May 2012, 09:12
I've heard it's quite hot in Germany at the moment. 7 C forecast here in Blighty for the weekend.

What's going on in Berlin?

I booked a flight for meine mutter to Münster / Osnabrück the other day. Turns out there were no direct flight from the UK, so it needs a Frankfurt stop.

Well its about 18c here and sunny with a slight breeze, yesterday was lovely sitting on the banks of the Rhein with an Eis Kaffee.

In Berlin all the left wing agitators come out, particularly in Kreuzberg: a poor part of town, and basically destroy their own livelihood. Its International Workers Day but I doubt half of them have ever held down a job, ******* (they justify it by saying its an anti-fascist demonstration but in truth its just a bunch of th unemployed and layabout students all dressed in black throwing stones at the police.)

Münster is only a small airport catering basically for mainland Europe flights and holiday destinations of which the UK is obviously not one! MÜnster the town though is lovely, in particular the amount of young female students...

TimberWolf
1st May 2012, 09:14
Well its about 18c here and sunny with a slight breeze, yesterday was lovely sitting on the banks of the Rhein with an Eis Kaffee.

In Berlin all the left wing agitators come out, particularly in Kreuzberg: a poor part of town, and basically destroy their own livelihood. Its International Workers Day but I doubt half of them have ever held down a job, ******* (they justify it by saying its an anti-fascist demonstration but in truth its just a bunch of th unemployed and layabout students all dressed in black throwing stones at the police.)

Münster is only a small airport catering basically for mainland Europe flights and holiday destinations of which the UK is obviously not one! MÜnster the town though is lovely, in particular the amount of young female students...

What's the work situation like in Germany?

amcdonald
1st May 2012, 11:10
It's also send all your emails to Theresa May day

Spacecadet
1st May 2012, 11:18
Cool, that's still £249k to come.:smokin

Dimprawn.

INKSPE!

darmstadt
2nd May 2012, 07:45
What's the work situation like in Germany?

Not too bad, on the news this morning it stated that unemployment is at its lowest for 20 years. For contractors too its pretty good

ThomasSoerensen
2nd May 2012, 09:39
As I work to the Swiss holiday calendar I used the day to work and invoice.

Screw the lazy protesting bastards that just get in the way of people with drive and initiative.

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 10:07
As I work to the Swiss holiday calendar I used the day to work and invoice.

Screw the lazy protesting bastards that just get in the way of people with drive and initiative.

I dont think the protestors object to how much people earn. It is the unwarranted sums they object to.

Is it right that a UK owned bank should pay millions in bonuses while doctors/nurses, who save lives, scrape by on a fraction of that?

ThomasSoerensen
2nd May 2012, 11:53
I dont think the protestors object to how much people earn. It is the unwarranted sums they object to.

Is it right that a UK owned bank should pay millions in bonuses while doctors/nurses, who save lives, scrape by on a fraction of that?

Who can judge right and wrong for other people.

The best negotiator wins the money game.

BrilloPad
2nd May 2012, 12:02
Who can judge right and wrong for other people.

The best negotiator wins the money game.

If it was like that then no objection. What I resent is UK banks telling UK companies to abide by market forces - then saying they have to be bailed out or the UK is stuffed.

For some reason the politicians go along with it. I have no idea why. :eyes