• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chinese

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chinese

Anyone got any experience of working for a chinese company?

yep did a gig at SEHK (Stock Exchage of Hong Kong)
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Yes, I've worked on several. Beijing Light Rail project has my fondest memories.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Does driving a car in Singapore, surrounded by chinese who refuse to give way in case they lose face count?

Mailman

Comment

<sasguru mode> No. Next.... </sasguru mode>

Comment

Oops - should re-phrase the question: what are they like to work for? Pain in the backside or good? An agency is trying to get me to do some work for a Chinese company and they have already admitted that they "have their quirks"!! Just wondered what that meant!!

Comment

A bit. They were amazingly superstitious: if you wore an unlucky colour (can't remember what they are: red's a good one) to interview you didn't get a job.

Comment

yep supersticiuos and litteral to the most extreme.

when asking a question phrase mit in such a way that the only response is what you are expecting.

I asked one guy "can you get me x,y and z from the live system?". I did not actually ask him to do it so got SFA untill I rephrased the question
                Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                  A bit. They were amazingly superstitious: if you wore an unlucky colour (can't remember what they are: red's a good one) to interview you didn't get a job.
                  Not to mention the fact that if you are a woman, not chinese and ugly then you most definately WONT get the job

On the other hand, you seen how quick those buggers build skyscrapers and tunnels? Truely amazing!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                    On the other hand, you seen how quick those buggers build skyscrapers and tunnels? Truely amazing!

Mailman
                    Yes, they're not exactly troubled by planning laws and health & safety regulations are they. I think that big dam they're just finishing was delayed by 20 mins while the army cleared the last 600 villages. It's good to know they'll be running the world fairly soon.
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X