• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today's Euro Fact

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today's Euro Fact

"A monetary union might make more sense for every nation starting with the letter "M" than it does for the euro zone. "

The Funniest Graph I've Ever Seen About Why the Euro Is Totally Doomed - Derek Thompson - Business - The Atlantic

Comment

Great find! I suspect if you divided the EURO zone into two tiers, basically North and South, it would have worked much better.
      Last edited by xoggoth; 9 May 2012, 19:40.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Great find! I suspect if you divided the EURO zone into two tiers, basically North and South, it would have worked much better.
        Even better if you divided it into 12 tiers, one for each country. Or 13, given north and south Italy are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Even better if you divided it into 12 tiers, one for each country. Or 13, given north and south Italy are different.
          Agreed. Also, we need a London pound and a rest of uk pound.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Agreed. Also, we need a London pound and a rest of uk pound.
            Just need to move the Scoittish border a bit to get that.

Well, perhaps move it a lot, and put some twists in it.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X