• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pupils face classroom mobile phone ban

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pupils face classroom mobile phone ban

Pupils face classroom mobile phone ban - Telegraph

I reckon they have a case for going to ECHR. This is the thin end of the wedge. If this carries on they might actually have to do some work.

After all, we won the war didn't we? So we can bask in our glories for a long while yet. Those bloody foreigners just don't have a clue luckily for us.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Pupils face classroom mobile phone ban - Telegraph

I reckon they have a case for going to ECHR. This is the thin end of the wedge. If this carries on they might actually have to do some work.

After all, we won the war didn't we? So we can bask in our glories for a long while yet. Those bloody foreigners just don't have a clue luckily for us.
    At least we won't have to put up with wim and bolshie any more.

Comment

I am amazed that any school would allow mobile phones on their premises.

They should be confiscated as were all proscribed items found on a pupil's person during my schooldays.

Comment

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
        I am amazed that any school would allow mobile phones on their premises.
        WHS

Mobiles just like guns should be securely held in school and only allowed during breaks between classes.

Comment

Sounds like a logistic PITA for teacher/school to collect them and look after them without claims of them getting nicked. But a hard line should be taken on anyone having a phone turned on during lessons - instant confiscation. Should be exactly the same as if you were caught with a Walkman when we were at school (or a crystal radio for some of the older ones )
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

My missus is a teacher in a comprehensive, and it's a real pain for them to deal with this sort of low level distruption such as kids fannying around with phones in class as it can really drag a lesson down. Fortunately my missus is a scary ass teacher so on the whole doesn't have many of these problems

I think schools need to come down hard on it, if kids are seen with their mobiles then they are confiscated for the remainder of the week, unless the parent physically comes into school to request it back.

Might nudge some of the piss poor lazy parents to try and enforce a bit of a discipline into their kids if their lives are inconvenienced by either
            a) the contstant trips into school to retrieve a mobile
            or
            b) if the refuse to go into school, the constant whinging of a teenager who doesn't have their mobile all week

if you have tough rules and they are enforced fairly and consistantly then kids will learn and respect them

just my 2p

Comment

Couldn't schools just have a Faraday cage built around the outsides?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                My missus is a teacher in a comprehensive, and it's a real pain for them to deal with this sort of low level distruption such as kids fannying around with phones in class as it can really drag a lesson down. Fortunately my missus is a scary ass teacher so on the whole doesn't have many of these problems

I think schools need to come down hard on it, if kids are seen with their mobiles then they are confiscated for the remainder of the week, unless the parent physically comes into school to request it back.

Might nudge some of the piss poor lazy parents to try and enforce a bit of a discipline into their kids if their lives are inconvenienced by either
                a) the contstant trips into school to retrieve a mobile
                or
                b) if the refuse to go into school, the constant whinging of a teenager who doesn't have their mobile all week

if you have tough rules and they are enforced fairly and consistantly then kids will learn and respect them

just my 2p
                WHS
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                  This policy would be good at the cinema too.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    At least we won't have to put up with wim and bolshie any more.
                    I wish I was that young! Ahhhh one never truly values every hair follicle, do they?

Anyway, as soon as the NHS cuts kick in, then thankfully you won't be posting from the dementia wing of your hospital either old git.

Comment

Working...
                    X