PDA

View Full Version : Murray Loses in Five. Typical.

MarillionFan
21st June 2005, 15:18
Mmmmmmm.:rolleyes

Gay Bored Geek
21st June 2005, 15:19
Have you not read the script, he always drops a set or two to a nobody in the early stages

he's a break up in the second
3-6 3-1

sasguru
21st June 2005, 15:21
...now all the tossers and groupies who reckon he actually has a chance will piss off and let the rest of us buy tickets to watch the real players:lol

Gay Bored Geek
21st June 2005, 15:21
He will get to the quarters

WageSlave1
21st June 2005, 15:23
Best Wimbledon moment was that streaker a few years back, "Missie", as I recall.

I have hands like a gorilla.

ALM
21st June 2005, 15:44
...now all the tossers and groupies who reckon he actually has a chance will piss off and let the rest of us buy tickets to watch the real players I'm no fan of Tiger Tim but he is a better player than the tabloid press give him credit for.

NumptyCorner
21st June 2005, 15:50
Problem is he doesn't have a big serve. There are many less talented but more successful players who do have the serve.

Well it's make or break time, 2 sets down. WIll this be the usual first round struggle or an early exit.

Looks like Tim is just doing the usual (wins 3rd set)

ALM
21st June 2005, 16:55
Problem is he doesn't have a big serve. There are many less talented but more successful players who do have the serve.He improved in that area over the last year or so. believe it or not his first serve is faster than Federer's!

NumptyCorner
21st June 2005, 17:43
But how often does he get it in? It's not good enough given the rest of his game

Anyway fightback has begun he's leading 3-1 ( 2 sets all)

surely he can't throw it away now?

Time to edit the post MF?

Herein lies the problem , he has to throw games away in order to motivate himself to dig in. That's OK against unseeded players, but the big boys don't need a head start!

darrenez
21st June 2005, 18:35
Drop a set or two in the first week you do not win.
Tim loses in the Quarters I reckon.

NamesFacesPlaces
21st June 2005, 19:27
Yes he's always played too many sets by the time it gets to the second week. Being older this won't help at all.

However, on the positive side he has now had a nice work out which stand him in good stead for the next couple of games.

He's in the easier half of the draw and if Gosjean and Roddick could just get knocked out.....

John Galt
24th June 2005, 15:28
Didn't hear the whole thing but some @#%$ on the Radio was saying that Tim's middle class background was stopping him being a success because he doesn't think he has to try so hard - what a load of complete twaddle >:

shaunbhoy
24th June 2005, 15:58
What holds him back is the fact that he is nothing but an average player, even on grass. His real downfall is though that he keeps trying to win competitions at which all the good players turn up. He should stick to the British Championships. Mind you, having just seen some of Andrew Murray, he might be dipping out there too before long. :lol

On the up side, all the butt-ugly growlers that perenially take up position on the "Hill" to shout and holler his name inanely, can all go back to their day jobs frightening rats and leave the rest of us in peace!

snaw
24th June 2005, 16:10
Went to Wimbledon and watched the big man live - if you heard a slightly drunken Scot yelling cummon Andy - that was me, that was. Then again there were a few hundred jocks there it seemed like ;)

DBNO
26th June 2005, 14:20
He has achieved more in his life than any saddo on here whos only contribution to the world is posting on a web site.

MarillionFan
26th June 2005, 14:46
"He has achieved more in his life than any saddo on here whos only contribution to the world is posting on a web site"

Says who exactly?

SupremeSpod
26th June 2005, 14:56
Says who exactly?

DBNO, just then, I saw his post...

MarillionFan
26th June 2005, 16:03
Where? 8o