• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Return of the ZeitMice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return of the ZeitMice

I got 'em both.

Sadly, they got the chest freezer first by building a nest in the compressor.

Ho hum.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    I got 'em both.

Sadly, they got the chest freezer first by building a nest in the compressor.

Ho hum.
    I do hope you mean you caught them and then sent them off to a rodent re-homing sanctuary
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
      I do hope you mean you caught them and then sent them off to a rodent re-homing sanctuary
      Weeeeeell, yes, that's exactly what a GAL would do when confronted by freezer damaging rodents.

However, where there are two, there are bound to be more

Comment

vermin

Present company excepted, of course...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          vermin

Present company excepted, of course...
          Et tu Nick?
          I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
          CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Et tu Nick?
            I haven't trapped anything in a couple of weeks now, nor seen any other sign of activity - I think I may have finally sorted the problem out

Mind you, every time I think that, more turn up

I now have a couple of infrared motion-sensitive wifi cameras I can use to observe their habits, making it much easier to get the poison and traps into the best locations for optimum eradication

Comment

Big rat wandering across the patio at the weekend. Put in a few appearances. Husband blaming seed dropping from my bird feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
                Big rat wandering across the patio at the weekend. Put in a few appearances. Husband blaming seed dropping from my bird feeders.
                It is true that rats living outdoors will only go where there's food and otherwise will move on.

Of course that doesn't mean it's your birdseed they're after, or at least not that alone.

Comment

rats are omnivores, same as bears, pigs and humans.

Which means you can never pin the bastids down. With lions, for example, it's dead easy
                  just stay out of longleat and dont smell like a wilderbeest and you're ok

but rats - shivverr

(\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I now have a couple of infrared motion-sensitive wifi cameras I can use to observe their habits, making it much easier to get the poison and traps into the best locations for optimum eradication
                    Hah! I knew that after your first attempt at humane removal you would eventually learn the other methods.
                    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                    X