• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now wouldn't you feel sorry for Agents for a change?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now wouldn't you feel sorry for Agents for a change?

New Scam Giving Contractors A Bad Name | Contracting Consulting Freelancing Made Easy

If the agent isn't going to pay me until the client has paid him, what exactly is he creaming his £60 a day for? The only positive difference I've found working through an agent is getting paid when I expect to be.

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
      If the agent isn't going to pay me until the client has paid him, what exactly is he creaming his £60 a day for? The only positive difference I've found working through an agent is getting paid when I expect to be.
      He's getting paid to do some basic due diligence on both you and the client. Oh wait...

Comment

The old adage is you can't con an honest man
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Telling it like it is May 20, 2012 at 22:26
          If an agent gets caught out by this scam perhaps they should consider if they’re cut out to be an agent.
          NLUK, is that you?

Comment

Its a good warning to agents to be careful who they do business with - and also contractors.

My first contract with winter partners in 1988. I was very nervous (just reminded me of a good Friday story sometime). The agency swore blind that this Swiss Company was financially very sound etcetc. Of course after 6 months WP had huge financial issues - people not getting paid etcetc. About 2 years afterwards they finally went bust. I did not lose out and neither did the agency - but they had a lucky escape with their lack of due diligence and what appeared on the surface to be a good company.

Comment

There was a group of these guys who tried to do this with me. I got together with some other agents and then went and reported them to the They were then and since then we agents are back to
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
              X