• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Switching personal accounts from Smile to Santander

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching personal accounts from Smile to Santander

Howdy ladies,

I've got my business accounts (current and tax saving) with Santander and I was wondering if anyone would think it a good idea to move my personal accounts there too, from Smile. Smile's online banking site is "OK", but not much more, and (not that it's a deciding factor) the new Santander dashboard seems to be able to put both private and business accounts all under a single login, which given the additional ability to move funds instantly between these two sets of accounts, and not having one of those annoying calculator type things to make large payments, which I can never find when I need it.

Worth the hassle of moving?

Thanks

Chris

Originally posted by mouseorgan View Post
    Howdy ladies,

I've got my business accounts (current and tax saving) with Santander and I was wondering if anyone would think it a good idea to move my personal accounts there too, from Smile. Smile's online banking site is "OK", but not much more, and (not that it's a deciding factor) the new Santander dashboard seems to be able to put both private and business accounts all under a single login, which given the additional ability to move funds instantly between these two sets of accounts, and not having one of those annoying calculator type things to make large payments, which I can never find when I need it.

Worth the hassle of moving?

Thanks

Chris
    We have, and apart from a couple of start up glitches, it works perfectly.

I'd go for it.

Comment

If you open the Business saver account you also see that on your dashboard as well.

Santander is well known for having for having one of the worst service records going though.... Apart from a few server outages I haven't had to test it out thank god.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Santander have certainly been pretty slow setting up accounts (and demanding i provide full ID for opening my Business Saver account, even though I already had a business current account... wtf??

I was however very happy with the way the handled my new years gift of some £$%^&* managing to relieve me of £20k.

Looks like I was mistaken about seeing personal and business accounts on one screen though, wasn't I? the do look to be totally separate.

What I'd give to have a current account which will move a percentage of funds to a different account for VAT etc... all banking IT still seems to live in the dark ages...
        Last edited by mouseorgan; 21 May 2012, 15:00.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseorgan View Post
          Santander have certainly been pretty slow setting up accounts (and demanding i provide full ID for opening my Business Saver account, even though I already had a business current account... wtf??
          I found this as well! Had to have my accountant send two different letters to them just because my company is registered with them yet I use my home for most correspondence... including my business account that I already have with them.... Very weird.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would not like my business and personal accounts to be linked in anyway!
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mine are shown on the same screen but I thought I saw a note about changing that soon.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Mine are shown on the same screen but I thought I saw a note about changing that soon.
                So are mine. I open a browser window for each bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  So are mine. I open a browser window for each bank.
                  ba

dum

tish

btw, I highly recommend tabs... it's so now.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    I would not like my business and personal accounts to be linked in anyway!
                    Well, yes but it's soooo convenient!

Comment

Working...
                    X