• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Desperate Pimp Email of the Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperate Pimp Email of the Day

Just had this email from someone I don't know at an agency I've never worked with before:

Subject: <ClientCo Name>

Hi TF,

I hope you’re well

How are things going at <ClientCo>. Do they require any additional resources at present?

Thanks

Suzanne
    At least they're upfront about contacting me!
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Was that the abridged version?

I got this recently

I see that you and I share a common link in <Random PIMP> and are both members of the IT Service Delivery group. How are things going at *******?

If you’ve got a minute, can you confirm a colleague’s contact details for me?

I’m looking for whoever is handling IT recruitment at ******** – maybe HR Director/ CIO? I’m really keen to chat to them, not just about placing candidates but more crucially about how we could introduce some ‘next generation recruitment’ practices to *******
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Was that the abridged version?
      Nope - that's a cut and paste!

Straight and to the point - we've got no business, can you give us some because we've never worked together or even spoken.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

Straight and to the point - we've got no business, can you give us some because we've never worked together or even spoken.
        I am always tempted to give them the staff nurses email address when this happens, which seems to be a lot lately

Comment

I prefer that to the slimy nonsense that SimonMac got.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
            I prefer that to the slimy nonsense that SimonMac got.
            So do I.

I emailed back and told her that I was out of contract at the moment, so couldn't answer the question!
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

It is sheer laziness for them to use email to try and coerce information out of you guys. If they are too lazy to pick up the phone they are too lazy to be of any use to anyone.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You say that's a bad thing, but these types of emails are the closest thing that AtW ever gets to meeting a real woman.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Just had this email from someone I don't know at an agency I've never worked with before:

Subject: <ClientCo Name>

Hi TF,

I hope you’re well

How are things going at <ClientCo>. Do they require any additional resources at present?

Thanks

Suzanne

At least they're upfront about contacting me!

I do not like to be referred to as a “recourse”. It is corporate speak for ownership and comes from the Nazis when they considered slave labour as sub-humans. The term is so 90s and companies are moving back to the term personnel.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    You say that's a bad thing, but these types of emails are the closest thing that AtW ever gets to meeting a real woman.
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X