• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not Smoking - Day 3

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Smoking - Day 3

Every now and again, like every 15 seconds, cigarettes do cross my mind.

Cinema then pub tonight ... I may take some nicotine gum in case of emergency but I was hoping to avoid all forms of nicotine.

Although.... I do like the look of those fake cigarettes. They're appealing to someone as weak-willed as I am

Nicorette's helped me a lot so I'd recommend giving them a go.

Staying out of the pub helps too.

Comment

5 months & counting good luck
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I used Champix and it works like a dream. Smoke for 8 days while you are on them and arond then it makes your cigs taste so bad you don't want one and you are over the nicotine withdrawl so don't need one. I found it worked a treat... both times

Side affects are a bit of a pain, not being able to sleep, the runs, feelings of paranoia and rage.... could be argued it is better to keep smoking. Still... deffo recommend it. It works.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

Cinema then pub tonight ... I may take some nicotine gum in case of emergency but I was hoping to avoid all forms of nicotine.

Although.... I do like the look of those fake cigarettes. They're appealing to someone as weak-willed as I am
          I packed in (~40 a day) 13 months ago and still have the odd craving for a ciggy, but strangely enough just walking past someone on the street smoking disgusts me.

Stick to it. If you have done 3 days only 2 of the worst days are left then it improves as the worst cravings drop off rather rapidly over the next few days.

Oh! and well done
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Read the Allen Carr book "Easy way to stop smoking" it worked for me. 50 marlboro a day for 15 years, then stopped one day 1/3rd the way through the book. felt light headed for a day then nothing.

Easy.

Comment

I quit in the new year and have been using the fake cigarettes. Not the same as real cigarettes so you still need a bit of will power, but definatly made the difference between this time and my previous attempts to kick the habbit. Good luck...
              If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                If you have done 3 days only 2 of the worst days are left
                Well, I've done 2.5 days. I must re-watch my Allen Carr DVD I seem to think he says that it only takes 3 days to get rid of the nicotine, after that it's all psychological.

EDIT

Originally posted by Mupps View Post
                Read the Allen Carr book "Easy way to stop smoking" it worked for me.
                I read the book and watched the Movie. I felt motivated but not for long. Great that it worked for you.
                Last edited by Platypus; 23 May 2012, 14:37.

Comment

Mupps - speak to me if you want. Brilliant News, really really good. You're done and the withdrawl (if you're feeling it, I did) is well on its way to dying off...

My quit story:

I quit and failed with Easy Way because of 1 thing and I will share it - because you need to know and it will keep you a happy non smoker forever! (Pm me) I went to the actual group session you pay money for.

I then quit again last year, using Whyquit.com joels videos (4 years after deciding I didnt want to smoke, now finished and for longer than I remember (quitmeter.org says 7 months).

Comment

Well, I've done 2.5 days. I must re-watch my Allen Carr DVD I seem to think he says that it only takes 3 days to get rid of the nicotine, after that it's all psychological.
                    You're destined to do yourself in with withdrawl mate - don't think about time - you need to just decide and look back, not forward . I reckon.

Once you've done 1 minute, thats it you're in for whatever ride you get - (Drink loads of fresh juice if you want, it really helped me with the blood sugar drop) but it really is temporary and then you'll have energy rushes to deal with , and realisation of what you've been doing all those years.

Comment

Working...
                    X