• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Child Trust Fund - Investment Options

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Child Trust Fund - Investment Options

As I understand it the child trust fund in its previous form has been cancelled and is no longer an investment option.

What's the collective wisdom of the panel for investing for your kids these days? I know next to nothing about shares and investing so is it a case of just picking an off the shelf investment plan and hoping for the best? Surely there are other options out there, perhaps some sort of trust?

I think the same as everyone else, Child/Junior ISA's, only difference is you don't get the £250 from HM Government to get you started.
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      I think the same as everyone else, Child/Junior ISA's, only difference is you don't get the £250 from HM Government to get you started.
      Something like this?

Comment

Halifax are offering 6% on a Junior Isa if you have an account with them as an adult. I have put money in 5 year bonds with Birmingham Midshires fixed at 5%. This was upfront. I then opened a Halifax regular savings account for the kids. That pays 6% but you cannot pay more than £100 per month. At the end of each year that rolls over into an instant account so you then have to find
        some where to put the £1200 plus the £50
        or so of interest into a bond. Which would be another BM one probably. The CTF I have for both kids I have stopped paying as the return was 2%. shocking.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
        X