• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Think I'm going to chuck!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think I'm going to chuck!

Just returned from here.

ENCINITAS ALE HOUSE BEER MENU

An interesting pub with about 50 draft ales and beers and 300+ different bottles.

I've just done the 20 strongest beers. Not pints obviously but samplers. They do 4 samples for $10. Towards the end each sample felt like a shot. Some were like treacle.

I'm beginning to feel quite sick. Apart from my sickness, do we have any pubs in the UK that offers these types of beers and service.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Just returned from here.

ENCINITAS ALE HOUSE BEER MENU

An interesting pub with about 50 draft ales and beers and 300+ different bottles.

I've just done the 20 strongest beers. Not pints obviously but samplers. They do 4 samples for $10. Towards the end each sample felt like a shot. Some were like treacle.

I'm beginning to feel quite sick. Apart from my sickness, do we have any pubs in the UK that offers these types of beers and service.
    Yes. Belgo's offer a long plank of shotglasses full of samples from their beers. However the beer is Belgian so probably better than the yank micro brew stuff you were drinking...

Comment

Tweedies Bar, Grasmere, Cumbria. Central Lake District.

Try our Beer Bat which features three of the guest beers, hand picked by yourself, in three one third glasses and pay the price of a single pint. This innovation gives you the chance to sample our whole range without the need for the morning cure

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I've just done the 20 strongest beers.
        What a he man you are.

Do you order the hottest thing on the menu when visiting curry houses?

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
          Yes. Belgo's offer a long plank of shotglasses full of samples from their beers. However the beer is Belgian so probably better than the yank micro brew stuff you were drinking...
          Why? The water quality is probably way better than low lying Belgium.

Try some of the American IPA's you can get in supermarkets before judging, Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada are both well worth a sample.
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I did that at a brewery in the States once, they gave us samplers of all the beers they brewed so we could see which one we liked best. They were all pretty crap and one had a taste and colour just above that of water. What got me though, was as we sat down, a group of 5 blokes of an age group ranging from 40-55 the young waitress asked for id. which caused her a lot of consternation as me being the token foreigner didn't have any. I proved to her that I was over 21 but can't remember how (this was in a county where by law you had to carry a weapon, how ****ed up is the USA?)
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Try some of the American IPA's you can get in supermarkets before judging, Blue Moon and Sierra Nevada are both well worth a sample.
              I generally find the US beers like shagging in a canoe That said when I get to go to Bodeans, I drink Blue Moon or Moosehead as they sit well with heavy BBQ food. but Sierra is bloody horrible stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Sierra Nevada is wonderful. Was not expecting to find any real beers in the USA when we visited, just Bud Light so it was a great surprise.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X